Chapter 6: Test results

Chapter 6: Test Results

Shadé

I asked him! Well, not technically, but I did bring it up. I was suspecting that I was pregnant, and just in case I was, I wanted to know how he'd react, what he would say, what he would do. Would he be upset, angry, or disgusted that I could possibly be having his baby? Asking him this would surely test his "love" for me. I was sitting behind him with his head leaning against my chest. He was silent, too silent. I was beginning to regret bringing this topic up.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly. His silence is killing me so bad to a point that I just want to shrivel up and die.

"Are you," he asks just as quiet as me. "Are you pregnant?"

I shift a little beneath his back, biting my bottom lip. My eyes were starting to stain with tears. "I hope not," I say, to him as well as myself.

He quickly turns around to look at me with confusion etched on his countenance. "What? Why?" His tone was... hurt?

"Huh," I ask.

He turns us around, switching our position to where I'm straddling his lap. I try my best to ignore his growing erection.

"Why do you hope to not be pregnant," he asks curiously as he caresses my hips and waist. Does this man really think I can walk around this castle with his baby in my belly? If I was pregnant that is.

"I just don't want to have a baby yet. I'm only nineteen, I'm too young," I confessed. I was expecting to have my first baby in my early thirties, not nineteen. I turned nineteen five months ago! "Are you hoping that I'm pregnant... with your baby," I ask. I was curious to know his answer.

His face suddenly drops but is then brought back to a sad smile. "Honestly... yes. I am hoping that you're pregnant... with my baby," he says before giving me a sweet peck on the lips. "I love you, Shadé. And I do want you to birth my child into this world." He pulls me closer into a warm, yet wet, hug. I wrap my arms around his head, pulling his head against my chest.

"Vince," I said.

"Yes, Love," he replies into my chest.

"If...if you love me, then tell me why you are still engaged," I asked. It really irked me that he was telling me that he loved me, yet he's never called off the wedding with Melanie. I wasn't mad at her, I had no issue with her. But, the fact that Vincent was saying 'I love you' to another woman truly yanked at my heart strings.

We stared intensely at one another, seemingly to find something, until he said, "I can't call off the wedding, Folashadé. If I could, I'd do anything in my willpower to make you my wife. I wouldn't even have the patience to wait for the wedding."

This caused me to smile... a weak smile. Even though he may say that he does loves me and want me to have his children, he couldn't break off the wedding. He'll sleep with me one night, and then wake up to go back to his blonde fiancée-whose-soon-to-be-future-queen. I didn't want to feel abandoned... again. That was a real fear for me: abandonment. I didn't want to have that feeling again.

I nod my head and rise from his lap, leaving the tub to make my way to the shower. I hear the splash of water as he gets out of the tub as well. I don't want him to follow me. I want to take a shower alone, by myself. I stop and turn around. I know my eyes are red with tears.

"V-Vincent, stay there. I want to take a shower alone. Please," I stammer, before closing the door of the walk-in shower. As I turned the knob to turn on the water, I heard Vincent ask, "Folashadé?"

I didn't immediately respond. I was crying, I don't really like to speak when I'm crying. I rubbed vigorously at my watering eyes.

"Folashadé. Answer me, otherwise, I'll think there's something wrong."

I felt that I had to sniff, but, I didn't want him to come in. "I'm fine," I mustered in my best attempt to sound normal.

"...O-okay," he said unsurely.

That morning I finished my bath, got dressed and left his room before any of the maids were awake. I didn't have a desire to be near him. He confuses me way too much, and at some point, I just can't take it.

__________

Later that day

Today was my day off, which explained why I was sitting on the floor at the side of my bed sketching a drawing of my brother.

I missed my brother so much. He was my savior, he always protected me, no matter what. Although we used to fight a lot, we still loved one another.

My eyes were beginning to stain with hot tears. I sniffed and looked heavenwards to stop the tears from falling. I've been crying a lot today.

"Shadé, open up." A knock along with Tiffany's voice sounded through my door. I went to open the door, wiping my eyes along the way.

Tiffany wasn't alone, Aimee was with her. This confused me. Aimee and I weren't exactly fond of each other. I looked down at their hands; Aimee had a glass of water and Tiffany had...pregnancy tests?

"W-what's this," I asked widening my door to let them in.

"Pregnancy tests. What does it look like," Aimee said snobbishly. I glared at her.

Tiffany closed the door and locked it. "Shadé... We think you might be pregnant," Tiffany said quietly.

My breath hitched in my throat. Did Vincent tell them? I was only suspecting if I was pregnant, which I'm sort of doubting now. Was it him who told them to get tests? I was curious to know. "Why'd you get these? Who told you to get them," I asked cautiously eyeing one of the small boxes.

"I did," Aimee said. "Do you feel like you have to pee or do you need some water," she edged the water closer to me.

Relief washed over me. Luckily it was Aimee and not Vincent who wanted to get the pregnancy tests.

"Well," Aimee's voice said with slight irritation.

"Oh, uh...no, I don't need water," I said.

Tiffany handed me all 3 boxes. "Just pee on the stick and wait three minutes."

I nodded and left the room to go to the bathroom. My room, or any other maid except for Gina, didn't have an en suite bathroom. So, I had to go the maid's bathroom. There were rows of stalls and sinks. In the back, there were showers with thin, white curtains.

I opened one of the stalls, locked it and leaned against the stall walls. I stared at the tests in my hand. I couldn't believe I'm going to be using these. I knew that if I turned out to be pregnant, the baby would be Vincent's. I didn't want to believe that I could be carrying a little prince or princess. Only these tests will tell.

I leaned off the wall and pulled down my sweat pants and underwear. I hovered over the toilet, placing the first pregnancy test stick carefully beneath me.

When I was done with all three, I sat on the floor of the bathroom. The pregnancy tests were laid on top of a few layers of toilet paper. Three minutes seemed like a very long time right now. It's as if I'm waiting for hell to open up.

I looked down at the first stick and felt my face redden. I looked at the second stick and stuck out my bottom lip, furrowing my brows. Then, I stared at the third stick and felt the tears fall from my eyes. Before I knew it, I was bawling with tears.