Chapter 28: Deprecation

Vincent

"Are you ready," I asked her as I took her hand and led her off of the jet.

She accepted my gesture as she held her stomach with her free hand. "Yes, and thank you," she said graciously as she continued to hold my hand.

She didn't know it, but my heart was beating rapidly during this entire trip back. One reason was due to the fact that this was a side effect to being with her. The other was because I was scared.

Yes, I was scared of returning home. I was afraid of facing my parents, but, in the end, I had to be a man and face them sooner or later.

As Shadé, uncle Lance, and I made our way to the VIP area of the airport, I noticed an unfamiliar red haired man with a sign that said 'Vincent Alexander'. Even through my sunglasses, I could see that this man was not Troy.

"Lance, look," I whispered so Shadé wouldn't hear. I gestured to the man with my name on his sign.

"Is that not your driver," he asked curiously.

"No. My driver is Troy and that man is obviously not Troy," I said, putting emphasis on 'not'. "Lance, I want you and Shadé to take a cab back to the castle. I'll be home shortly after," I said in a normal level of voice.

"What," Shadé asked. "Why aren't you coming?"

"I have something that I must attend to, but I promise that I will be home shortly after you two," I said before cupping her face in my hands.

"Okay," she said softly. I kissed her firmly, and gently. If it wasn't for my uncle snapping a photo of us, I could've kissed her all day.

"Sorry, uncle," I said as I cleared my throat.

"No worries. You two are quite adorable," he said in a mock old woman's voice.

I smiled and picked up my suitcase. "I'll see you two in a little bit," I waved.

I approached the man, who I noticed was much shorter than me. He looked at me confused. "Who are you," he asked with a heavy Scottish accent.

I took off my beanie and sunglasses, momentarily, of course. His face held that of recognition.

"Welcome back, You're Highness," he said with respect.

I nodded. "Thank you. Now, who are you and where is my previous chauffeur?"

"My name is Harry and I was hired to be your chauffeur by the King and Queen," he explained. "I'm not sure who your previous chauffeur was, nor do I know what happened to him."

"Wait a moment please," I said, putting up my index finger. I have to investigate this, as a person should never get in the car with an unknown driver. That's stupid, even if the victim could beat the kidnapper's arse to a pulp.

I pulled out my mobile and dialed my father's office number.

"Vincent," my mother's angry voice shouted through the mobile's speaker. I briefly pulled it away from my ear.

"Mother, who is this new driver you have for me? What happened to Troy," I asked, hoping she wouldn't tell me what I was thinking.

"Your father fired him. Vincent, come home right now," she said sternly.

"Mother, is there something wrong," I asked obliviously. I knew there was something going on at the castle, I just wish she would tell me. Something in the back of my mind told me that sending Lance and Shade to the castle was a bad idea.