Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling

Vincent

Rodney's words sunk into my head after he spoke. He slept with Melanie? Honestly, I didn't know how to react. I wasn't jealous or angry. I just found it funny, honestly.

I was looking past him when he'd said that. But when I finally looked at him, I felt the need to laugh. I didn't want to do it in front of him because I know how offended he'd get. Unfortunately, holding back your laugh by biting your bottom lip does not work whatsoever. I busted into a heavy fit of laughter, thinking about the whole thing.

"Vincent, this is serious. What the fuck are you laughing for," Rodney hissed.

I held my stomach, feeling a sharp cramp in my abdomen. "Wow! Owe, owe, owe," I whined and laughed as I clutched my stomach.

"That's what you get," Rodney said jokingly as he crossed his arms.

After I calmed myself down, I sat up and crossed my arms over the table. "Fuck off. So, how did this all happen? You two hooking up," I asked interestedly.

"Wait, you're...not mad," Rodney asked, completely confused.

It was my turn to look confused. "No...Why would I be mad? I don't love Melanie. And now that it's a possibility that the baby she's carrying isn't mine, I can be rid of the shit she's putting me through," I explained nonchalantly. I can deal with Shadé's difficulty because I love her, but Melanie, she just gets me so mad.

"You don't love her," he asked.

"Hell no! Rod, I'm in love with Folashadé, the woman who is, for a fact, carrying my twins," I said with affection. Thinking about a family with her consumed my mind.

"You're having twins with her," he asked in shock.

"Yes, but I fear for them now...Do you love Melanie," I asked, changing the subject. I didn't feel like getting emotional in front of Rodney.

"...I don't know. I think I do. I feel jealous whenever she brings up having to go back to you. But, that's just me, I can be very possessive," he sighed.

I can be quite possessive, as well. Perhaps it's a trait we both gotten from Mathias.

"Hmm, so when did this fuck buddy relationship start," I asked, going back to my previous question.

"Well, it happened the night Malona invited me to spend a night at their estate. It was very uneventful; all we did was have dinner with her family and watch movies. Then, she unexpectedly fell asleep, which furthered my boredom. So I wondered around the estate until I ran into Melanie. She and I spoke for a long while as she offered wine to me. Next thing we knew, we were kissing and, well, kissing leads-" I cut him off.

"To fucking," I shouted. Wow, why am I so excited? "I can't wait to tell our parents about the backstabbing bitch! She's putting all this blame on me! No wonder why she kept telling me, 'you're half-assed during sex'. Well, bitch, it's because you're fucking my brother! I swear, if she tells me anything but, I might slap the shit out of her pretty ass face," I shouted, attracting attention from the few onlookers in the café.

"Vincent, settle down," Rodney reasoned.

"No! Hell no! What the fuck, I'm hungry and I'm mad as fuck," I said as something suddenly came to mind. "Rodney, you didn't use protection, did you?"

"No, I don't think so. It was unexpected," he replied.

I almost wanted to jump, cry, and sing for joy. "Rodney, this, besides finding out that my woman is having my babies, may just be the best news I've heard all year."