Chapter 4: Late Night Visit

Shadé

There are four maids, including myself, who are currently standing outside the palace underneath the blazing heat of the sun. It was me, Tiffany, Aimee, and Diane. For them, it was like getting a tan. For me, well, I'm just developing more melanin by the second. This is why black people hate the sun.

Underneath the comforting shade of an elegantly round, patio dining table sits, Vincent, Rodney, Malona, and Melanie taking slow sips of their martinis.

It's quite uncomfortable for me though. Vincent stares at me excessively, as though he wants me to keep my eyes locked with his. Nope, not going to happen.

"So, Vinny, sweetie, I haven't seen you since the ball two weeks ago. What happened, baby," Melanie asked in a sweet drawl.

He slept with a maid.

"Oh, I'm sorry, darling. I wasn't feeling too well that day. But I promise to make it up to you...later," he whispers the last word as his thumb tugs on her full, bottom lip.

Melanie giggles seductively. As she does, Vincent looks back at me and licks his lips sensually. He was trying to make me jealous and entice me simultaneously. Ugh, god, it was working.

Melanie caresses Vince's neck. She pulls him down slowly, preparing herself for a long, loving kiss.

Oh, he kisses her, but not like how he kissed me.

When he kissed her, it was brief. You know, the kisses that business men gave their housewives before leaving for work.

He never kissed me like that.

When he kissed me, it was full of passion, desire, and... Affection. It was never just a peck on the lips.

That made me shiver with arousal. Ugh, why am I thinking this?

Reginald and Phil, the cooks, approached the shaded patio with two silver platters in each of their hands. They handed each of us a platter to serve. You can smell the aroma of each food item that was concealed beneath the platters. I think I'd gotten sausages. Usually, sausages would smell so delicious, but today, they smelled very sickening.

As we began to walk to the patio table, I felt that familiar churning in my stomach from earlier today. I bit my lip and ignored it.

I have to hold it in.

I went around the table and gently placed a sausage on Rodney's plate.

It's coming up.

I placed another sausage on Malona's plate.

I can't hold it.

I abruptly placed the platter on the table and ran to the grass. I pulled my hair back and felt the burning acidic bile pour out my throat. I didn't care about what was going on around me, or the fact that I just threw up in the Royal Family's grass, I couldn't hold it in. Oh god, maybe I am pregnant.

"Ewww," Malona squeaked.

"Oh my," Aimee commented.

"I'm about to eat! What the hell," Rodney groaned.

"Is she okay," Melanie inquired.

"Love."

The last word was from Vincent as he was dangerously close to me, rubbing my back in soothing circles. "Tell me what's wrong," he asked quietly.

I turned to look at him. His eyes read concern, anxiety, and... Hope? He licked his lips and stared down at mine. Eww! No, I just vomited, don't tell me he wants to kiss me!