Chapter 27: Magic

Chapter 27: Magic

Shadé

France is such a beautiful country; the architecture, the landscape, everything. Everything that I set my sights on was absolutely breathtaking.

We visited the Arch de Triomphe, the Louvre, and the Notre Dame of Paris. Vincent wanted to take me to the Palace of Versailles, but, I got hungry.

"It looks like you three need something to eat," he said with a sly smirk as my stomach growled loudly.

"Please," I playfully begged.

He chuckled as he took my hand in his. "Of course, I'm always going to be there to feed my family," he said before kissing me on my forehead.

I ignored the urge to ask him about his family with Melanie. I didn't want to ruin this moment we were having together.

The restaurant he took me to wasn't far from the Arch de Triomphe. It was practically a block or two away from the ancient structure. I didn't know how to pronounce the name of the restaurant, but I know it looks expensive.

"Vincent, what is this place called," I asked with curiosity as I tugged him back from entering the restaurant.

"Shadé...I did tell you to call me Vince, so please do so. People here know I'm the Prince of their neighboring country, and I rather them not bombard you with questions about you being pregnant and being in France with me," he said quietly into my ear. So that's why he was wearing a beanie with sunglasses? It looked odd to me.

"Then why did you bring me to France," I asked. There's no point in going to a country where he has to hide himself in. I know the french airport security knew who he was based on the looks on their faces. I could tell they wanted to ask me questions as they kept staring me down with curious stares. All I heard was the whispers of the french language, probably talking about me and my pregnant appearance.

"I want you to meet someone," he said with a welcoming smile as his hand tightened on my own.

"Who?"

"You'll see. In fact, we'll go eat there instead," he said, pulling me along with him.

In the distance behind me, I could see that a man was being roughly escorted out of the restaurant as he angrily shouted: "two hundred Euros!? Are you kidding me! For the little shit of food that you served me, I have to pay two hundred Euros!"

"Two hundred Euros. Vince, that's expensive," I said, astonished.

"It isn't to me, but we're not eating here so it doesn't matter," he said as he signaled a taxi.

When a taxi stopped, Vincent allowed me to enter first before he followed me into the backseat. He told the driver the address before he closed the door.

The ride to wherever was comfortably silent between Vincent and I. I was leaning on his chest as he caressed my belly through the maxi dress that I wore.

"Congrats...on the...uhh baby," the driver said in a deep french accent.

"Thank you," Vincent said sincerely.

"How...far...along is she," he asked.

"Five months," Vincent replied.

I glanced at him with a bit of shock. I didn't tell him I was five months! So, how does he know that?

'I kept track,' he mouthed before kissing the tip of my nose.

"Wow. We are...here...Sir," the driver said as he pulled up to a large estate that was surrounded by a black gate.