❤ Chap 32 ❤

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

Nicki POV

Amyree has been really distant. Not more than before, but just distant and it feels weird. I feel like there's something going on that I'm not aware of. Ever since she came back from Safaree, things have been different. She's on the phone more than usual, but when I try to talk to her she's a little skeptical and she gets nervous.

I want to know what's going on. I don't like snooping around. I walked into her room and she was watching 'Pretty Little Liars'.

"Who is A ?" she lowly groaned.

"Hey, Amyree." I said causing her to jump a little.

"Um, hey, mom." she nervously smiled.

"Can I speak to you for a minute?"

Amyree POV

When she asked to speak with me I got nervous. So many thoughts ran through my mind like 'what did I do this time?', 'I hope she didn't find out' , 'did Auntie Bey tell her I wasn't there?'. My heart was beating 1,000 beats per minute.

"Sure." I hesitantly smiled.

"I know we had this talk before about you being distant, but I want to know what's going on." she said. My heart sped up. I hate lying to her so I have to.

"Mommy, promise me you won't get mad ?" I said.

She sighed deeply. "I can't promise Amyree."

"Well then I can't tell you." I shrugged.

"I promise." She said.

"Recently, Ariel called me about something, well someone. Aaron. He saved her from being in a bad position. I've been visiting them." I said nervously. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Amyree, what the hell ? Anything cou-" I cut her off. "You promised." She just stared at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

"I was scared. Nobody knows but Avé." I said.

"Amyree, you should've just told me." she sighed.

"Well he's in the army. I don't know what's going to happen to Ariel if he goes back." I sighed. I thought for a bit in the silence we sat in. "Mommy, if he goes back, can Ariel come live with us?"

"Are you sure about that ?" she asked.

"I'm positive. Ma, I'm all she has. I can't let her go back to wherever she came from and she can't go back into the system." I said. She nodded at me.

"When is the next time you'll meet up?" she asked.

"Ma, you can-" I started before she cut me off.

"Amyree." she said sternly.

"Tomorrow at 5 at Cold Stone." I sighed. I hope he doesn't get mad at me.