❤ Chap 31 ❤

Amyree POV

"Amyree." he smiled as he finally let me go. I just smiled because I didn't know whether I wanted to call him dad or keep calling him Aaron. "How you been ?"

"Good." I said softly.

"Where's your brother ?" he asked. Shit.

"I-I don't have a brother." I muttered stumbling over my words.

He just looked at me. I looked down and Ariel stepped in to try and change the subject.

"So , um , how's Aysia ?" she asked.

"Who's Aysia?" Aaron asked.

"She's my sister. And she's good." I bluntly stated.

"You hungry ?" Aaron asked. I slightly nodded.

"You know you don't have to be shy around me, right? I'm not a bad guy." he said and I nodded.

"What do you do for a living ?" I asked shyly trying to start a conversation, but it was kind of obvious. He was wearing an army suit.

"I work in the army. Just came home a few weeks ago, but I have to go back soon. I think I may retire because I want to be here for yall." he said I nodded.

"That's cool. Are you married ?" I asked.

"No, but I do have a girlfriend. Her name's Lindsey."

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit. "Does she have any kids ?"

"No." he chuckled.

"Does she know about us ?" I asked.

"Yea, she knows." he answered. I nodded. "How old are you ?"

"I turned 16 in June." I said and he nodded.

"Do you plan on attending college ?" he asked.

"I wanted to go to college, but my mom doesn't think it's safe and I don't want bodyguards following me around all day." I answered as the waitress came over.

"Hi, I'm Maya and I'll be your waitress for the evening. Can I start you off with some drinks ?" she asked. I recognized her a little. Aaron and Ariel put in their drink orders. "And for you ?" she asked finally looking up.

"Um, strawberry lemonade." she nodded and wrote it.

"Do I know you from somewhere ?" she asked squinting her eyes. I shrugged not knowing whether I really knew her.

"I'm Maya Davis. I'm now a junior at Redan High." she said. I chuckled at her considering she thought that was helping me.

"Aren't you Nicki Minaj's adopted daughter ?" she asked. That made me cringe.

"I'm not adopted." I muttered.

"Did you used to live with a lady named Amethyst ?" she asked. Damn, she asks a lot of questions.

"Yes." I said causing a wide smile to spread across her face.

"Omg, Amyree! It's me. MayaPiya." she said clearly excited. I just smiled. I don't trust that bitch. Never will I ever. She lived in the foster care for about 3 months until her aunt or something came and adopted her. We were best friends. During those 3 months she was there, Karen came and we got close. Maya didn't like that so she tried to sabotage our friendship.

"Karen! I need to tell you something!" Maya screamed down the hall.

"What ?" Karen yelled coming out of our room with me following behind.

"She broke it! Amyree broke it!" Maya yelled holding up the ceramic unicorn Karen's father left behind for her and her sister. Tears soon filled Karen's eyes and she turned to me.

"I did not! I would never do something like that!" I yelled. Iggy ran upstairs.

"What is all this yelling about ?"

"Amyree broke it!" Maya yelled.

"How the hell did she break it if she was in the room playing with Barbie dolls?" I guy said putting her hands on her hips. Maya shrugged.

That was back when Iggy liked me. "Yea, I remember you." I fake smiled.

"I'll go get those drinks." she said walking away.

"Isn't that the girl who tried to ruin your friendship with Karen ?" Ariel asked with a stank face on. I laughed and nodded.

"Why the hell she trying to be your friend now ?" she asked and Aaron cleared his throat. "Sorry." I shrugged as she came back with our drinks.

"We should catch up sometime." Maya said and I sipped my lemonade and nodded slowly as Ariel just stank faced her.