06

SOTC ; Little Do You Know - Alex and Sierra

Wednesday

I made it to my locker, super fast, before anyone could notice me.

So I stood, putting my books away, and gathering my stuff for home. Then I heard it, the sound of someone calling my name. (Jesus is that you? I'm sorry continue on..)

"Hey! Myla right?" the female voice called.

I turned, my voice getting caught in my throat.

"H-harlyn?" I coughed.

"Hi, yeah," she cheered. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you, but you left your journal behind in Spanish.. I didn't know if it had your notes in it, so I'd figured I'd just return it.... To be safe."

"Uhm, yeah, thank y-you." I half smiled.
////\\\\
For a week, it went like that. I'd 'forget' my notebook in class, Harlyn would rush to return it. It felt nice to have someone to talk to.

To have someone publicly talk to me, without being embarrassed.

So today went no different, I forgot my book in the classroom. I went to my locker, and stuffed my things inside, taking a little longer to wait for the return of my notebook.

"Hey, again," Harlyn spoke from behind me.

I turned to face her, "mm y-yeah?"

"Here's your notebook." She smiled, handing over the notebook.

"Thanks."

"I not-.. never mind," she spoke slowly.

I turned to walk away, when I was interrupted.

"Wait. Actually, Myla, do you want to hang out after school?" Harlyn's chirpy voice called.

I spun around, shocked. My mouth was ajar.

"I mean, we don't have to. Ya know, if you don't.. I'm sorry, that was stupid of me to ask." She spoke with such disappointment.

"Hey, Harlyn, I'd uhmm like to hangout." I said quickly, hoping she hadn't gotten too far by now.

She turned to face me quickly, and ran towards me, "seriously?!"

I nodded. She clapped and a look of pure excitement crossed her face. She scribbled on a piece of paper, and handed it to me.

"Text me in like, fifteen minutes, or yeah." She smiled and ran off.

Did I make a friend? This thought crossed my mind as I walked out to the parking lot, and waited for a good ten minutes.

Michael was a no show, and it was rare for Michael to ever forget to pick me up. So something was wrong.

The take my mind off of things I texted Harlyn, five minutes early, but I don't think she seriously meant exactly fifteen minutes later.

Myla
Hey it's Myla :)

Harlyn :P
Hey, I'm still at school, got stopped by a teacher

Myla
That's okay I'm still at school, my brother forgot me :/

Harlyn :P
I can take you home or whatever?

Myla
You sure?

Harlyn :P
It's not a hassle

Myla
Positive?

Harlyn :P
Yeah for sure.. Meet me out front??

Myla
I'm here rn

Harlyn :P
I see you