10

SOTC : Lost Boy - Ruth B.

"Myla! Myla get up!"

I shot up from my bed, looking around quickly.

"Wha?" I mumbled, groggily.

"It's Monday! You have go get up right now and get ready, you're already late. I ran Benjie to school real fast and let you and Danyelle sleep in a little longer." Michael rushed.

"Uhm, okay.." I looked up at him questioningly.

"It's Monday Myla.. Will you get your sister up please I really have to píss." He chuckled.

I nodded, my usual morning drowsiness kept me from a clear thought process.

Michael ran out of the room fast, and I couldn't help but giggle slightly. I glanced over to Danyelle's bed, but it was empty.

She wasn't in her bed, and come to think about it, she never came home last night. I looked over to my alarm clock, it flashed 9:37 PM repeatedly.

It must've been reset because of the storm last night. I reach over to grab my phone, the time read, 8:29 AM.

Oh crap!

I jump out of bed, grabbing at random articles of clothing in my dresser, and rushing to the bathroom. I bushed my teeth quickly, and brushed my curly mop that is known as my hair.

"Hurry up! Danyelle that means you!" Michael called.

"Michael?" I called back.

I heard his footsteps coming up the steps, as he appeared in the door way.

"What?" He smiled.

"Danyelle isn't here... She left for a party last night, but she didn't come back last night.." I mumbled.

"Speak up please?" He smiled again.

I repeated myself, a little louder this time. His smile faltered, and his fave grew red in anger.

My eyes grew wide, and my heartbeat quickened. Michael turned and looked at me. He grew alarmed.

"No no, calm down, deep breaths." He whispered, and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you so much, okay?" He mumbled into my hair.

I nodded.

////\\\\

"Miss Wilkerson?" The teacher mumbled, "why are you late?"

My eyes grew big, and I made my way to my seat. I sat in the seat, and kept my head down.

"Miss Wilkerson?" She called again.

I kept quiet, not looking up to acknowledge her. I hoped she would ignore it and move on with class.

"Myla Wilkerson, if you do not answer me right now I'll consider that insubordination, and I'll give you a detention." She spoke angrily.

I looked up, and opened my mouth. I tried to speak, but the words just wouldn't come out.

I choked, like I always do.

A handful of students in the class laughed and giggled under their breaths.

"My names Myla, and I'm a freak." Someone muttered from behind me.

"Detention. See me after class." She muttered.

Mrs Stein moved on to teaching class, not minding everyone snickering around me.

"What's wrong Myla, cat got your tongue?" A girl, who sat next to me, whispered.