08

SOTC : Guillotine IV (The Final Chapter) - Falling In Reverse

I think a few days had passed since therapy, and I was left to my own thoughts for a while. Danyelle was in and out of the house for the longest time.

Austin visited more often, and helped with Benjie a lot. Michael set time aside for the family, after his schooling. It wasn't much for family time, considering Danyelle was rarely ever home and didn't want anything to do with us.

Not only that but, I hadn't quite been myself either. I kept in contact, as best as I could, with Harlyn. But I mostly kept to myself; in fear that I'd scare away everyone.

I slowly made my way down the steps, careful not to slip with my socks on. I trudged into the kitchen to find a big, huge mess. Definitely left by Michael and Austin.

I felt bad, because at age 19, Michael had to run a household of two teenaged girls, and an autistic child. He already had the pressure of college debts and many other "adult things" that I myself wouldn't understand.

I put my headphones in and went to work, cleaning up the kitchen, and other very messy parts of the house. I finally took a break when my phone went off for the first time.

The weekends were never anything major for me. I hid in my room, slept in late, and listened to too much music. I found lots of new music during the weekend, and I even end up finishing a book or two.

So I unlocked my phone, and got off the music app. It was a text message from Jaidon.

Jaidon (jai)
Hey

Myla
Yeah?

Myla
Sorry hey

Jaidon (jai)
It's okay.. What're doin rn?

Myla
Cleaning :/

Jaidon (jai)
Want to hang out??

Myla
Idk

Jaidon (jai)
Pleaseeeeeee

Myla
Idk I'm cleaning this house is a mess

Jaidon (jai)
I'll come help u clean :))

Myla
No

Myla
I'll think about it

Jaidon (jai)
Seriously!!??

Myla
Yeah

Jaidon (jai)
Okay! :))

Myla
Alright I'm going to go back to cleaning now..

Jaidon (jai)
Alright :)

I locked my phone, and sat on the couch. I thought for a little while, about whether I should hang out with Jai. It's not that I didn't want to, but I feel like it's just a joke.

Like I'll show up to hangout, and I'll be ditched. And whenever I see him again he'll laugh at me because I was stupid enough to fall for it.

As I went up the stairs, I picked up the disregarded socks, and random stuff. I went into the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror.

My blue hair was fading out, and my natural dark brown hair coming through in my roots. Soon I'd have to make the decision whether I wanted to redye it or not.

I gave myself a nice long look. My body was thin from my sleepless nights, and countless meals forgotten because of my distractions.

I got sick at what I was looking at. I reached down into the cabinet space, and pulled out the straightener. I turned it on to heat up before I used it, and shot a quick text to Jaidon.