12

SOTC : Monsters - Timeflies

I slowly made my way out of the school building. Everyone whispered under their breaths as we passed, none of what they said surprised me.

Everyone wanted the gossip and I just wanted to go home and sleep off today's stresses.

"Hey Myla!" I heard Lilac call.

I didn't turn, I didn't even acknowledge her call.

"Myla!" Harlyn this time.

Still I didn't acknowledge them. I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder, which caused me to stop. I turned and glanced at the two girls.

"Why didn't you stop?" Harlyn asked, hurt laced in her voice.

My face fell and I frowned.

"I'm sorry, I really just wanna get home and sleep." I half smiled.

"Oh." Lilac mumbled.

It was clear I had upset both of the girls, but at this point I had so much going on, my only reaction to being hurt, was to push everyone away. Of course that was my first reaction, and I wish it wasn't but it is.

"Bye, I'll talk to you tomorrow!" I called.

I spotted Michael's car and got in quickly. I faced towards the car window and kept quiet.

The entire car ride was filled with silence and the soft hum of the radio. Michael knew that I was pushing away the girls, and it's very selfish of me because Michael is going through worse than me.

"My.." Michael spoke softly.

I glanced over to him, not saying thing.

"Please don't shut the girls out, they're the best thing that's ever happened to you. Please don't shut me out either." He mumbled.

He looked so upset. When I got home from Jaidon's house yesterday I went straight to my room and locked myself away. I didn't even talk to Michael about what happened.

"Michael.." I sighed.

"Yeah?"

"I'm so confused." I mumbled, tears started to to form in my eyes.

"Why?"

"Yesterday at Jai's house we got done talking with Steph and then she left to make cookies.."

"Oh no.." Michael muttered.

"No.. No no.. He just kissed me, and it confused me. Does he like me Michael? I'm not ready for someone to like me. I just started making friends. I can't deal with this." I spoke quickly.

I was beginning to get anxious, which wasn't very good.

"Hey, take a deep breath." Michael spoke soothingly.

I took three deep breaths and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"He probably does have feelings for you Myla, and he can't help that if he does. You're a great girl. I'll talk with him, okay?" He nodded.

I copied his actions, and glanced back out of the window.

"I found an apartment." Michael smiled.