11

SOTC : The Irony of Chocking on a Life Saver - All Time Low

"Myla?"

"Yeah Michael?"

"You're my best friend, you know that right?" Michael smiled.

"Of course." I nodded

"I'm going to be very real with you right now. Mom's been gone for almost two months, and bills need paid. The house payment hasn't been paid and we're behind on a lot of bills. My paycheck barely pays for food, and I told the bank I won't be able to pay for like five more months. Mom was trying to catch everything up from dads death. She didn't do very well, I mean she was a grieving woman trying to run a household of 4, and plus herself. She was very stressed." He spoke.

"So what does this mean?" I asked.

"The bank wants to foreclose on the house. I've been looking for a smaller house, but the only thing in my price range is a two bedroom apartment. I feel like I'm failing you guys. Danyelle is out of control, and.." He trailed off.

"What?" I mumbled.

"We won't be able to afford therapy anymore, we're going to have to drop it if we want to be able to own somewhere to live." Michael spoke quietly.

"What?!" I squeaked.

"I'm so sorry, I know how much you enjoy going there, but I can't afford it, and Danyelle isn't helping by not picking up a job. I really wish she'd grow up." He replied.

"Of course she has a job, she's a prostitute." I muttered.

"Myla! Don't say stuff like." Michael hissed.

"Why? She basically called me a waste of space and worthless yesterday!"

"I know she said all that rude stuff to you, and I know she says shït when I'm not around, but don't fall for her games. We're all grieving differently."

"I don't care, you don't call you're sister stupid and worthless!" I yelled.

"She won't be like this forever, I promise." He pleaded.

It was then, I really realized Michael was falling apart just as much as I was. His face was so thin and sank in. He looked like he hadn't slept in months. He's only 19, what is he doing?

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. "I'm trying my best to understand you and where you're coming from."

He wrapped me in a tight hug, and rested his chin on my head. He let go and kissed my forehead and smiled at me.

"Thank you," he smiled. "You're trying and I can tell, I'm sorry I have to take you out of therapy you're really doing well, you've made so many friends. You have Landon, and Lilac, and Harlyn."

"Don't forget Jai as well," I giggled.

"Jai Yamaro?" He mumbled.

"Weren't you downstairs yesterday when he came over?" I laughed.

"No.."

"He was here yesterday," I laughed nervously. "His mom is my therapist and I hang out with him."

"He's in college with me.." Michael replied.