24

SOTC : Photograph - ED Sheeran

"Michael?" I called.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He hummed.

"After Christina and Tom yesterday."

"Fück them honestly." He groaned.

"Okay well get to college, I got work for a few hours and then I'm heading over to Jai's to help him setup his new room, okay?" I smiled.

"Who's watching Benjie?" Michael worriedly asked.

"Harlyn is coming to pick him up. Benjie and Harlyn's younger sister are best friends, so he won't be lonely." I smiled.

Michael nodded, and placed a quick kiss on my forehead.

"Bye I love you, have a good day at work!" Michael called as he left the apartment.

I went to the kitchen to heat up left over mashed potatoes, and make steamed vegetables.

"Benjie!" I called, "it's lunch time."

I filled up two plates and sat them at the kitchen table. I took a seat and began to nibble on the broccoli just as Benjie took a seat a crossed from me.

"This is good!" Benjie cheered.

"Well I'm glad you enjoy it." I smile.

A knock came from the front door, so I got up and went to check who it was. Harlyn stood with little Gracie by her side. I opened the door and invited them in.

"We're eating lunch right now, but we'll be done in a sec, do you guys want anything?" I asked.

"No I'm fine." Harlyn smiled.

"How about you Gracie? Any juice boxes?" I giggled.

Gracie nodded and flashed me a big smile.

////\\\\

"How was work?" Jai asked.

I sighed heavily and slid my shoes off, "it's was good besides the little kid who threw ice cream at me. I saw Beau and Amberley."

"Oh wow? I was wondering why it smelled like dairy." Jai chuckled.

"I thought your brother's flight left two days ago?" I mumbled and bit into a soft cookie.

"Yeah, it was supposed to. But Beau and Amberley decided to move here to North Carolina, so they can be closer to the family." Jai explained

I nodded, "did you get the paint already? I'm too lazy to go shopping."

Jai nodded, and I followed behind him up to his new room.

When he opened the door I spotted a few boxes on the ground. Furniture we'd have to put together, great.

"What color paint did you pick?" I mumbled.

"Look silly, I already put swatches on the wall." Jai laughed.

I glanced at wall, a nice pale blue color was on the wall.

"What does that say?"

Sarai la mia ragazza? Was written in paint, that's what the paint swatches spelt out.

"Gibberish." I groaned.

"Please Myla." Jai frowned.

"Hold on, let me google translate." I smirked.

I went onto Google translate and typed in the phrase. The translation appeared before my eyes.

I flashed the phone screen at Jai, "did I make a mistake? Did I misspell anything?"

"No, why?" He frowned.

"Oh, then hold on." I giggled.

I dipped the paint brush in to the paint and stroked paint on to the wall.

Jai turned to me and smiled widely. He wrapped me in a big hug.

"Paint time mister." I giggled.

Jai nodded and picked up a roller and dipped it into paint. I quickly stood back while he wasn't paying attention, and snapped a picture, making sure to get the words in to the picture.

"Hey you're supposed to be helping me." Jai frowned.

I grabbed a brush and began to help him paint the walls. We painted in a content, comfortable silence.

I turned to Jai and flicked the paint onto him. He squealed like a little girl, and rolled paint up my back. I squealed like a little pig.

We continued to have a paint war until Steph walked in. She gasped at the sight of us.

"Oh children, what am I going to do with you?" She chuckled.

"Steph look!" I giggled.

I pulled up the picture and showed her.

"He made the right choice." I heard her say under her breath.

"I'm heading off to the grocery store, do you guys want anything while I'm there?" She asked.

"No." Jai and I said at the same time.

Stephanie nodded and left the room. I turned to Jai and got ready to flick more paint at him. He ducked and ran the rolling paint brush down the front of my shirt.

I giggled and looked up to Jai. I slowly walked towards him, as he began to back away. Finally he was trapped against the wall and I wrapped him in a hug.

"The back of my shirt has paint on it, we messed up the wall!" He fake cried.

I laughed at him, and rested my head on his shoulder. I lifted my head and leant up on my tippy toes. I placed my forehead against his, as or noses touched.

I pulled (out.. Kill me now) away and saw the paint marks now on his forehead and nose. I laughed so hard, I ended up snorting like a pig.

"Myla." Jai called.

I looked up at him, and he kissed me right on the lips. He pulled away and smirked.

"Now you have paint on your lips." He smirked.

I placed my hands up on his cheeks, and got on to my tip toes again. I slowly leant forward and places my lips on his.

----

Their relationship is 50/50 like Jai isn't always making the big moves, Myla sometimes makes the big moves.

Like the kiss for example, and Myla placing their foreheads together, also her trapping him against the wall just to hug him.

But yayyy another chapter

The song of the chapter actually kind of matched the chapter this time

Hope you enjoyed peace