02

SOTC ; Car Radio - Tøp

Same night

Rubbing at my eyes, and groaning I look at the clock on my night stand. 2:58 A.M. it read. The music from the party had only gotten louder, and it'd woke me up.

The front door slammed open, and shut behind it. It echoed through the empty house, leaving a buzzing in my head and an aching in my chest.

"I-I'M HOOOOMEE!" I heard Danyelle yell in a drunken state.

She'd probably awoke the whole dang house. To my luck though, I had to share a room with her.

The sound of footsteps in the hall made me sit up, it sounds like three people. I was right. In came my giggly sister, her hookup, and Benjie. Great, she woke up Benjie.

"S-she woke me up." Benjie whined.

I patted the bed, putting on a smile. A smile so convincing, I even convinced myself for a short while. Benjie shuffles over to the bed, and I lift up the blankets.

He slides under and snuggles up next to me. Danyelle kept giggling at whatever Triston was saying. I wanted to groan, but I kept to myself.

Triston leant down slightly, kissing her in a sloppy manner. He guided her to her bed. I placed my hands over Benjie's eyes. This time, I couldn't helped myself. I gagged, so loud it made them stop.

Oh but Danyelle was so angry. So freaking peeved off. I removed my hands from Benjie's eyes. I knew Danyelle was going to give me the talk of a life time.

"Cover your ears Benjie." I barely whispered.

He followed my request. Cupping his hands and placing them over his ears. Just in time for the war to start.

"Stuck up brat! Just because you don't get some doesn't mean nobody else can't!" Triston scoffed.

My heart started to beat a little faster.

"You're so stupid, God! You always ruin it for everyone." He rolled his eyes.

My heart beat sped up some more.

"Aren't you so fückíng perfect?! Perfect grades, perfect attendance, perfect life! Not everyone can be like you!" He yelled this time.

My throat started to close up, and my chest started to feel tight.

"Triston." Danyelle warned.

"No! That shît ain't fair! Why does she get treated so different ever since-."

The front door opened again, an echoing reverberating off the walls. Echoing in the hollow world that was our house.

Trudges up the steps could be heard, and my anxiety was growing worse. Tears spilled from my eyes, and my chest ached.

"Stupid bítçh you'll learn some füçkíng day." Triston snarled at me.

My mom came barreling through the doorway of the bedroom. Her blue eyes giving an icy glare to Triston and Danyelle.

"Get out of my house! You scumbag! Leave my daughter alone! She's treated no different than the rest of her siblings." She said, wagging a finger in his face.

Fury was all I could see in my mother's features. Her nostrils were flaring as she gave Triston a stare that could kill anyone. 

Triston just scoffed, as Danyelle stood back from everything, just like she'd done from beginning.

"I've had enough of you putting my daughter down. You're no good for Danyelle either, she should be with someone like Austin. Because Austin actually has his life together." Mom lectured.

My heart was still beating rapidly fast, my chest was still aching, and my tears were still spilling like rain.

"Triston just go." Danyelle finally spoke up. "Just go home."

She gave him this look, and I couldn't be bothered to try to even decipher it.

My body started to shake, my chest still hurt, and I still cried slightly.

Benjie uncovered his ears, and wrapped his arms around me, and rested his head on my chest.

He began to rub my back in comfort, not really helping much, but I wasn't going to tell him. Even though it didn't help much, it still made me feel better that my younger brother had the heart to even try.

Triston stormed out of the room, my mom made sure to add a bit of colorful language as he exited. When he had made it to the front entrance, Triston made sure to slam the front door behind him when he left.

"Danyelle," my mother turned to face her. "Take Benjie, and go to my room, I need to have a talk with Myla."

Danyelle comes over, grabs Benjie's wrist, gently, and takes him out of the room.

Mom sits on the edge of the bed, not talking for a few moments. She gives an exaggerated sigh, turned to me with a very bitter/upset face, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"You need help Myla," she hissed.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Don't do that, don't go mute on me." She said bitterly.

I didn't want to say anything. I knew she was tired of me not agreeing to getting help.

Her features softened, and her eyes basically were pleading for me to just say something to her.

"Myla..."

I stared past her.

"Ever since your dad left, things have been hard on the family; mainly financially." She smoothed out my hair.

"I still love you, so do Danyelle and Michael and Benjie. Even Austin We all hate seeing you like this. I know it hurt to l-"

"Don't. Don't say it. Don't bring it up. I don't want to talk about it." I muttered.

Her eyes widen, "Myla Jae Wilkerson."

"Maryanne Elizabeth Jennings." I glared at her.

"You have no say in this, I'm getting you help and you'll go. I don't care if I have to drag you there in your fückïng pajamas, you're going, and you're gonna have no say." With that she got, and left the room.

Once she was out of the room, Danyelle was back in the room; changing into night time clothes, and climbing into her bed.

I got settled back into bed, and Danyelle let out a snort.

"Can't believe you were such a baby about therapy."

---

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for me. Hope y'all's year is a good one.