Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

I was so angry with him. I couldn’t believe that just because he accidently put me in a coma that he’s leaving. My chest burned and I swear my heart was going up in flames. I wanted to show it to him; to show him how much it was hurting me. I kind of thought he would be gone by now. Just run away before I’d wake up so I would never be able to find him. I guess he thought he had all the time in the world since everyone thought I wouldn’t wake up. I guess people lived in hope but never thought it would actually happen.

I was awake and I was back for good. Nothing was going to break me down ever again-unless they kill me obviously. But as I looked up and down at Seth my anger seemed to flare and fade with every second; almost like someone turning a light switch on and off. My expression softened eventually and I was just left with an empty feeling. I didn’t want to breathe in case it would ignite the fire in my chest again. I didn’t want him to go, didn’t want him to abandon me when we have only just begun our life together. Things just didn’t seem right.

I licked my dry lips still not breaking eye contact with Seth. I feared that if I even blinked he would disappear and I would be left alone. It had been so long since I had seen him last and I wasn’t throwing the chance to hold him one more time away. Seth was the love of my life and maybe because I was in a coma he has just forgotten that or something…right?

Alisha hadn’t said anything from the moment Seth bumped into my bed. I don’t think she wanted to start anything in case a war started because of it. Or maybe she was waiting for Seth to explain. I wish he would just say something. Hello would be a good start and then we can work our way from there.

Seth’s hands were clenched on the metal frame of the bed. His eyes were focused on me and his body was tensed and unmoving. He could have easily passed as a statue. But his appearance is what made me sad. His eyes were ringed with exhausted bruises and his lids were half way to closing. His hair was messy, probably from the amount of times he’s fun his fingers through it. I would like to think that he has been worrying over me but sadly enough I think it was on how to tell me that he was leaving.

I was quite aware of the people standing outside of my door. I really just wanted them to come in and break the silence. But after 5 minutes of impatiently waiting for someone to speak I did; and I couldn’t quite help what came out of my mouth.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?”

A slight smile was shown on Seth’s face before he found out that I was quite serious.

“Alisha, would you mind leaving I have to talk to Hayley. Alone…”

“NO she can stay here. She had every right to listen to what you have to say,” I growled. My anger had started to bubble up again getting close to becoming fury.

“I would feel more comfortable if she left,” Seth said through clenched teeth.

“You have kind of passed the uncomfortable stage when you knocked me up.”

“It’s not my fault!” he shouted.

“You might want to think again stud. It was your fault. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t even be in this mess.” Words just tumbled from my lips and I didn’t realize what I had just said until it was too late. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. “It actually might be nice if you left, Alisha.”

Alisha already finding the confrontation awkward stumbled out of the room without another word.

“Don’t make this any harder than it is,” Seth said quietly.

“You’re one to talk. You knocked me up, before telling me everything about pregnancies of werewolves!”

“Not so loud, love.” Seth shut the door and made his way passed the frame.