Chapter 33

for some reason i chose a song for this chapter. i don't know why but i just did (shrug)

i hope you enjoy :)

Breathe Me by SIA <3

___________________________________

Chapter 33

Alisha’s P.O.V

I twisted my hands nervously, constantly wiping the sweat from my brow. I was so scared to say what I had come here to say. My hand lifted and clenched into a tight fist but I couldn’t find enough strength to knock. I huffed in frustration and moved my fist closer to the metal sheath. I gritted my teeth and gripped my free hand onto my top. I shut my eyes tight. I need to knock, I have to tell Seth about Hayley’s sister.

I had promised Anthony that I would tell him, and I agree with him. Something this big cannot be kept a secret from the Alpha. But I couldn’t bring myself to knock, to actually have enough courage to maybe get Hayley’s sister executed. The more I thought about death the more my fist moved away from the metal.

I growled under my breath and dropped my fist. Damn it. What can I do now? I am such a wimp. I think I’m more frightened at the fact that Seth would flip out on me for not telling him sooner.

“Can I help you, Alisha?”

I yelped and jumped back my eyes opening wide. I blush dark red at Seth catching me red handed in front of his door. My mouth opened and closed like a fish but I couldn’t summon the words. Why is this so hard? It should be easy to say this...it’s not like the world is coming to an end. Or is it? With Julia knowing, could that possibly lead to the extinction of werewolves? Julia won’t tell...won’t she?

“Alisha?” he said expectantly. “Is there a particular reason you are standing by my door poised to knock?”

I opened my mouth to lie, to cover up my tracks and wait yet another day to tell him the huge surprise, but I stopped myself. Seth looked tired again and his symptoms are exact—besides the pregnancy—with Hayley. He was suffering just as much as she was. I believe they didn’t have enough time to wait. They needed to act fast to survive or I believe neither of them with live long enough to meet the baby.

“I need to tell you something,” I choked out finally.

“Can it wait? I kind of have a lot on my mind,” Seth said rubbing his face exhausted. He just wasn’t the same without her by his side.

“It’s an emergency.”

“It can’t be any worse than what I have in mind.”

“What do you have in mind?” I said quickly. What was he planning? Was he preparing to go get Hayley back? Oh my God, this is so big!

“A battle. A very satisfying battle.”

My glimmer of hope was doused and I was left standing with my mouth open gobsmacked. “You can’t be serious...”

“I am and I have never been more serious in my life.”

“You can’t start another war. Hayley was the main reason there has only been one,” I screeched. Anthony is not going to fight. He will not lay his life on the line for something so pathetic to just get killed in the first few seconds.

Seth shot me a dirty look. “Well, Hayley isn’t here, is she?”

He pushed past me and stormed down the hall the way I came. “Don’t start a war just because you are upset. You are putting too many lives at risk because of your stupidity.” He stopped and I almost bumped into his back. He turned and towered over me looking like a snake about to strike with its deadly venom.  I felt so small and weak. I definitely shouldn’t have said that. How does Hayley stand up to him like this?