Chapter 21

hey guys here is another upload and guys please to be mad at what happens.

also the next upoad is going to be insane and when i mean insane i mean absolutely so good that you will scream and jump about wherever you are reading. but that is the next upload.....

hope you enjoy.

_________________________________________

Chapter 21

I couldn’t stop blubbering no matter how hard I tried. Nothing was stopping my tears, nothing was helping my pain. Mike had gone through all of that without even coming to something better. He was being tortured before he died. It wasn’t fair. That boy had died before he was even called a teen, he die before he found his mate or even learnt how to read or right. The more I thought about it the more hurt I felt.

Seth held me tighter making me face him instead of the body. I wanted to die for causing Mikes death. I gripped onto Seth’s shirt and he looked down at me with concerned eyes. Nothing was going to bring back Mike. His neck was broken beyond repair and his body was mangled. Nothing was attached to him anymore and it just made him seem less human. He was in the middle of changing into something that had been in his genes since he was in the womb.

I don’t think he could even be considered human anymore. His face was contorted and his body was short in some places and long beyond belief in others. One side of his body was upright and the other so close to the ground it looked flat.

“Come on kid, you can do it.” Seth whispered in my ear. What was he talking about? I wasn’t a kid and what was I supposed to be doing? “Just get up, change already!” his voice had turned dark and demanding.

“W-w-what am-m I supposed- t-t-to be doing?” I stammered rubbing my eyes dry. They hurt to be touched.

“Mike, get up!” he cried out, frustration contorting his face. I was actually frightened. He wasn’t talking to be he was talking to Mike hoping for him to somehow be alive and well.

“He’s dead, Seth. He’s gone.” I whispered feeling useless. I just killed a kid. I just killed a kid I didn’t know.

Then I heard another snap behind me. My eyes widened and a smile formed on Seth’s face. He was actually smiling. I didn’t want to look over my shoulder in case it was just Mike’s body moving because of the bones shifting. But I did anyway and what I saw blew my mind.

I screamed in surprise and happiness as a moan escaped Mike’s lips. My body was filled with hope and faith and I finally moved my legs up and towards him. Before I could reach him Seth grabbed my hand stopping me. I turned to look at him my smile mirroring his. “He’s alive, how?”

“The body dies for about a minute before it starts off again with the full conversion to wolf. He has the full ability to change into a wolf without the pain he had just undergone because the body is now accustomed to what it had to do.”

“But why did the bones break? Why did the body have to damage itself?” I whispered looking in front of me at the mangled body. He moved and a sigh left his body. I could see him growing again and the bones in his face were almost fully together at the peak looking more like a muzzle than a nose.

“The bones had to break because the size of the wolf is so much greater than the size of a human. The bones had to break so when he shifts they can move into the positions and grow in size without puncturing his internal organs.” Seth said to me.

I was flooded with relief. It wasn’t my fault that he had died. It was natural for his neck to break and for him to die on me. I was still shaken but grateful that I didn’t have manslaughter on my hands. I couldn’t handle a death. Not after the loss of my mother and now the loss of the rest of my family. I don’t know what I would have done.