Chapter 15

Chapter 15

There were wolves.

Not the blue wolves I know but black ones.  I gasped when I recalled the stories that Seth told me about. I frowned at the wolves showing them that I already did not like them. Seth gripped me tighter retreating slowly. I think he would have tried to attack by now if it wasn’t for me. I just held onto Seth glaring over his shoulder at the wolves that we fear.

Seth walked out of the water and placed me down on my feet on the sand. I still had my hands on his arms keeping him calm and under control. He looked at me in meaningful manner but his jaw was clenched and his eyes were focused. A couple of werewolves from Seth’s pack including Lee walked up around him as support.

I looked at the black wolf which was the biggest and stood at the front. He had human green eyes and his muscles bulged and twitched with his movement. Seth snarled baring his human teeth. “What are you doing here, Cain?” Seth growled.

The pack growled in agreement. I still studied the wolves, not leaving my mates side. The alpha wolf of the black tribe who I think is Cain took a step forward. Seth hissed and shoved me further behind his back for protection. Cain chuckled and fazed but his pack did not. I guess it was protection on his behalf, because obviously no one wanted him here. it was still amazing for me to see the process of the faze. I just wish i had a camera so I could watch it in slow motion.

Cain was tall and strongly built. He had broad shoulders and tanned skin like most of the wolves did from living out here all this time. His hair was black and shaggy around his face, covering his left eye. He had high cheek bones and a squared off jaw. He had a smug grin on his face and I automatically wanted to punch it off.

There was a lot of tension in the air and no one dared move. No one wanted to set off a battle; yet people wanted to know why the sudden appearance of the Black tribe?

I have to admit i was a little afraid and definitely was nervous. I had never encountered something like this before. If the Black Tribe really did steal the women then...these things really were heartless animals. I was scared that Seth would pounce and this would turn into a war right in front of my eyes.

 Seth’s glare was almost boring a hole into Cain and his pack were copying him. My group was being protected by the wolves who were slowly pushing them back and away from the sudden commotion. I was tempted to join them but I was an alpha’s mate now and I had to show my leadership and support.

What if Cain and his pack were back to collect the rest of the woman. How did he even find out we were here? I don’t know what I would do if I had to leave Seth; though I would if it meant saving the others and Seth. I had already lost the last of my family members, so what’s losing my soulmate? Ah, who am I kidding, I would kill myself.

I risked taking a peak over Seth’s shoulder and I regretted doing it immediately. As soon as I did Cain locked onto me and a larger smile crept onto his face like he had found something else to focus on. I choked back a whimper. I had to be strong.

I stepped out from behind my mate to get a clear view of Cain. His eyes followed my every movement. This guy was giving me the heeby-jeebies. But there was something else that was bugging me and I don’t know what it was yet. There was something pulling a the edges of my mind.

“Mmmm, I see you have been busy Seth. Where did you find the cute one?” Cain teased. Was he really impressed or just being a total jerk?

A deep growl emitted from Seth and I pulled on his arm to calm him. He looked at me pleadingly. I guess he wanted me to return out of view of the murderer. I shook my head denying his attempt to protect me. He sighed but just to make him happy I locked hands with him so he could pull me out of the way if anything happens.