Chapter 30:

Chapter 30

She hadn’t seen me yet which meant I had some time to escape. I was panicking, looking for a closet to jump into and wait but unfortunately there wasn’t, only patients rooms. I danced on the spot, running back and forth looking into rooms and finding them full.

SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT-SHIT!

What was I going to do? I didn’t have much time left until Julia turned around and spotted her long lost sister. She would probably have a heart attack if you saw me. What is she even doing here anyway? I hope she isn’t hurt. What if someone contacted her about my whereabouts? Shit, I’m meant to stay hidden.

A wheel chair rested close to me, empty and abandoned. I pulled it open and ducked behind it. I gently rolled it with me behind it towards the stairs. All I had to do was reach them and then I was in the clear. I shut my eyes and scolded myself. The one day I decide to come alone and I run into my sister. Just brilliant...

I crawled along the floor trying not to bump into people and reveal myself. This was actually hard; it looks so easy to do in the movies, but you have to include the fact they were never pregnant and had just come out of a coma. The stairs were in my line of sight and I rolled faster towards it. A smile of relief washed over my face and I almost cheered. Someone stepped into my vision and I froze. Crap. My sister stood with a frown on her face and her arms crossed. I guess she saw me then.

I looked down and pretended I was searching for something. This was so embarrassing- I was so embarrassing. “Hayley?” she whispered coming close to me. I never knew how much I had missed her voice. It was so clear over the racket of the hospital, I was tuned to it.

“I sorry, me don’t speak-y no Engli,” I said in a French accent. I would ahve been proud if I was actually doing something that wasn’t so insulting.

“I can’t believe it. You see me and then you try to hide...from your own sister,” she scolded looking really angry. I gave up and stood to attention. She gasped when she saw my bloated stomach. Her hand was over her mouth, shaking her head vigorously. “You’re pregnant. What the fuck happened to you, Hayley?”

“I’m pregnant,” I commented obviously. I couldn’t believe she was here. I kind of wish she wasn’t here. It was going to be so complicated to tell her. I know I shouldn’t but she would understand; she’s been inlove.

“I can see that...how...who...shit.” Julia rushed forward and enveloped me into a strong hug. I hugged her back desperate for her touch. Tears came to my eyes and I could feel a hole in my heart reopen. She was my sister and I forgot about her. She was the only real family I had left and I forgot about her. “I’ve missed you so much, Hayley. I thought I lost you...” she sobbed loudly into my shoulder, “...I thought you were dead.”

“I’m not, I’m not, sweetheart.” I patted her back trying to pull away but she clung on too tight.

“You got taken and I thought those beasts killed you. I didn’t know what to think...and here you are-” she pulled away, “pregnant.”

“I know.” Julia touched my stomach which was filled with butterflies at her touch.

“But how? Who?” her face was contorted in confusion, pain, love, relief and so many more emotions. She seemed tired, dark circles rounded her eyes and lids half closed even in surprise.

“The same one that stole me...” I said tears pouring down my face. Julia probably thought it was because of us reuniting, some of it was, but the rest was for Seth.

“You mean,” she grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the stairs and up a few steps, “he raped you. That beast raped you?” More tears fell from Julia’s eyes. I grabbed her hands.