Chapter 20

hey guys. I know i am really sorry that i haven't uploaded in ages.

i had massive and i mean massive readers block but then i had a great idea and i wrote it down. I decided on this for chapter 20 and i really hope you enjoyed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

“Ewww!” they all chorused and I smiled against his lips. Wait till they find their mate one day and then they will see. But I pulled away reluctantly and stared into the eyes of my love. I loved him so much it hurt.

I got up and helped Seth up also. He glared at me playfully. Whatever. “Okay guys how about we all go outside and play murder in the dark.” I said happily.

They all gasped at me and looked really frightened. Seth’s grip tightened on my arm and he looked me in the eyes warning me. “What are you talking about Hayley?” he whispered urgently.

“What? Please tell me you know what murder in the dark is?” I said shaking off his arm. Seth looked at me darkly and I groaned. Gosh, these people really do live in the dark. “It’s a game.” His expression softened. I looked at the kids. “It a game where one person closes their eyes and has to search for the people around them without cheating. Its really fun I will show you.”

I shut my eyes tight and twirled around in a circle so I was slightly dizzy. I then began to walk forward, my hands outstretched searching for little arms and bodies. I took another step forward and touched something soft. The body giggled and brushed away my hand. I opened my eyes and smiled. “Gotcha!”

In front of me was a little boy around the age of 5. Blush tinged his cheeks and his blonde hair fell over his beautiful brown eyes. He was so cute that I just wanted to pinch his cheeks like a weird aunty.

“Now mate, you close your eyes really tight and you can’t peak okay?” the little boy nodded and immediately closed his eyes. I held his shoulder and twirled him a bit so he didn’t know the direction. I pushed him in one of the kids direction and the group screamed in excitement.

I held my finger to my lips and it all quieted down except for the hushed squeals of excitement. I thought it was rather cute. All the kids diverted into different directions and the little toddlers followed the older ones still not quite able to understand the game. But everyone thought it was great.

After I thought that the game was understood and underway I made my way back into the arms of Seth. He smiled astonished and impressed. “I never knew how good you were with kids. I know there was that one time with Ashton in the cot but wow. Maybe you should be the permanent babysitter.”

“I would love to actually but I want at least Sundays off because I will needed us time.”

“Good point,” he said and kissed me.

Instantly I melted into him, his arms around my waist and my arms around his neck. This moment was so full of love it was incredible. I think maybe it was the fact that the bond was complete, and we happened to be surrounded by kids that it just topped it off.

Then the mood changed when I heard a scream. We pulled apart our eyes searching for the victim. Everyone stared wide eyed at a 13 year old boy. Agony pierced his face and I coating of sweat lined his forehead. I didn’t know what to do. What exactly was happening?

Another scream escaped the poor boys lips and he clutched his arm. I heard the definite snap after would which made me cringe. His arm hung limply at his side as he went to his leg. I could see his body shaking and then there was another snap. I could see that the femur in his leg had been snapped in half. I just stood and stared, feeling rather weak at the knees from the sight.