Chapter 41:

Chapter 41:

Seth's P.O.V

I had never been to the Black Tribe's cave, it was too much of an omen to get close to. It wasn't that hard to find though, just follow the putrid smell of their pack. The smell was like wet dog and mischief. It made my nose sting to just think about it. Once we had reached the cave our bodies we're warmed for a fight.

The entrance was huge compared to ours, but provided no possible protection from the wind and humans. The boulders around the cave were dusty and aged, obviously been here for thousands of years. The cave was like a dead end of a valley, it's opening just a tiny part of the mountain. Even though the terrain was high it did not stop the wind.

Our fur lay flat against our skin from the shear force like mother nature was trying to push us back and away from war. Storm clouds rolled in the sky threatening to spill its contents on us. The sun was almost blocked by the clouds and the mountain looked like a death trap. A shiver ran down my spine and I leant my head down so the wind would go over me.

We stopped about 200m from the entrance making sure the werewolves inside couldn't sense or smell us. I growled to the ten wolves flanking behind me and flicked my head to the cliff face. They gnashed their teeth and scrambled up the rocks. I responded to ten more and they climbed the opposite wall in their wolf forms. Across the top was relatively flat, enough space for my wolves to run. For the remaining fifteen and me, we attacked head on.

I let out a roar that dislodged crumbling rocks from either side of us and charged. Now the Black Tribe knew we were coming, and I swear I could feel the fear radiating from the cave. My heart beat erratically and adrenaline rushed through my veins. I had never run this fast before, it felt like my feet were barely touching the ground. My wolf and I were determined to get our mate back. My pack was at my heels and from the corners of my eyes I saw the others on the edge closing in as well.

When we jumped inside the cave mouth our snarls echoed down the tunnel. The cave ceiling was very high, just as I had expected for such an old cave, worn away in time. Stones fell from the ceiling and the cave shuddered as my wolves began to dig from the top. We were planning on trapping the Black Tribe in one room where they would be trying to fight us while the Blue Tribe and children would run away and out the back. So in the end we were flooding out the innocent and dooming the deadly.

I heard some wolves fazing and the first pounced over my head to take out some of the others behind me. Others followed but we killed them quickly or knocked them away. We reached a huge opening and the cave shuddered again making us lower our head and huge rocks were dislodged. Some landed on the Black wolves and they were knocked out or injured.

I saw some of the women file out of the room dragging crying children and being led by wolves. I knew some would leak out but my pack on the top of the cave would sort that out later. Light began to leak through the holes and my eyes landed on the wolves who flattened themselves into the shadows. I jumped on one and my teeth sank into his neck and his blood filled my mouth. The metallic taste was almost exciting and I couldn't help but enjoy the kills.

His body slumped to the ground in the pool of his own blood before I moved to another. Before to long the Black Tribe's numbers were diminishing and we had lost some of our own. I wasn't very injured because I had lots of back up; just a few bruises and scratches. I made sure to warn all my pack before so they know that Cain is mine, but I still haven't found him which made me feel on edge. I knew that wherever he was Hayley is.

I was shoved into a wall and my legs gave out beneath me. Before I could get up two wolves were on me ripping flesh from my body. The pain blurred my vision and blood dribbled down my body. I growled and snapped. I was able to get one of the wolves snout in my mouth. I bit down hearing a loud crunch. I let go as it whimpered and I moved onto the one biting my back. I spun onto my back quickly crushing it's face and ripping out its jugular.