Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The alpha ran a hand through his hair and exhaled deeply. "We need women to reproduce and as you see we have no women. And stories were told about a bus with 8 women that will bring us back from hard times. So we chose 8 of you."

"But I still don't understand; it is physically impossible for animals to reproduce with humans even if they are part human. It's just not possible and are you crazy for believing stories?"

"These stories are ancient and come from a long line of psychic werewolf women. And werewolves can change their mates."

"So why are we involved?"

"Any of you could be our mates. If you aren't we wait for the next bus."

The woman cried out when they realised they might have to mat with these beasts. "But how do you know that we are your mates?"

"We choose the most desirables woman and wait and see if there is a bond. If there isn't; we wait for more."

"So we are just your pickings. Do you realize that we all have someone? We all have husbands or boyfriends or crushes back home....except me. But we all have families and friends and you just took that away from us. And if we aren't your mates what happens to us? Do you kill us?"

I heard even more crying and sobbing. Maybe I should have talked about this in private.

"We won't harm you. We would let you go but you know of us and we would be hunted down, even though we can't easily be hurt but it's still a risk."The alpha said.

"Yeah but all those people on the bus knew about you. What about them? They will surely tell the police, you didn't hurt them did you? If you did, I will kill you! If you hurt any of our people I will break your arm and shove it down..." he moved quickly in front of me and put his finger on my lips. I gasped against them feeling nervous at how close we were. He was less than a centimeter away and I was freaking out. His scent was musty like a dog but he smelt nice all the same. Like freshly dug dirt.

"Yes they know, but many kidnappings have happened in these plains. Most have investigated and never found. Only once did they find us but we were in human form and they thought we were natives. They may search but they will never find." He said slowly removing his finger. My lip quivered under his touch.

"Just as long as nothing happens to them."

"I can't guarantee that."

"What!"

"Well, the other tribes do not particularly like us. Especially the Black backs."

"Black backs?"

"The black tribe. They are vicious mongrels who will kill any human on their lands. They were the ones that killed our woman." Suddenly the alphas face darkened and anger flashed through his eyes and across his face.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I was. It was unfair that they were the only tribe of their colour because all the females were dead. I could see why they wanted to try and make more. It was survival. Survival of the werewolves.

The alphas face looked confused again. He turned around and walked over to the fire. He sat on the ground and beckoned us forward. I looked hesitantly at the others but walked over to him. I sat down but keeping a distance between us.

"That is why we need your women. You're our only hope." He whispered sadly.

"But what if you never find them? What if you never do? Are we all just going to stay here until we die?" The woman who had lost who child said. "I have a baby of my own and you took me...away from him. It's like trying to separate two magnets. I need my baby. He's a part of me. I need him."