Chapter 19

*the next day*

Jays Pov

Everybody was a little on edge after yesterday, Voight on the other hand is still dead set on catching this guy no matter what. We all wanted him caught but at what cost... He threatened voights family and he knew about Erin and I and Erin's relationship with Voight. I can't help but worried what will happen if Voight pushes to hard, what will happen he was warned that his love ones would be at risk. I just have to stay concentrated and do my job, I have Erin's back and I no she has mine so we should've fine and were going to catch this guy.

After we seen the transmission last night Alex was meant to stay at Antonios but I just wanted her to be at home. So I rang her and went to pick her up she wasn't happy at first but when we got Home are you realise she had and seen the transmission I didn't want to hide it from her so I showed her. She was afraid at first but knew that I had good intentions taking her back from Antonios. I know I might have been slightly overprotective but knowing that we were going to pursue this case even further I wanted to keep the ones I love the close and safe. Antonio feeling the same way said that I should drop Alex to his in the morning because he was not sending Eva or Diego to school just to be extra precautions it was a half day and a Friday so it was ok. He knew that this could go south and wanted to be safe so he asked the buddy of his that owed him a favour to stay with Laura and the kids for the next few days in until this was all wrapped up. His name is Mark. Laura didn't mind watching the kids specially if Mark was there and Antonio was very close with him and mark knew all the family. He was in private security after coming out of the military which made it even better. The kids didn't mind at all they were just grateful for the day off school.

Erin's Pov

We didn't get much sleep after what happened yesterday our minds are all wondering and questioning how we are going to catch him. I was awake most of the night but fell asleep for few hours. Jay was stirring in his sleep I got up before the alarm at 6:30 Voight wanted us in for a briefing at 7:30 sharp. I got up and as I close the door to the bathroom I heard Jay get up also. after I came out of the shower Jay walked into the bedroom with a cup of coffee in his hand, "hey babe here you go "I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek "thanks babe, you ready for today? " I ask as I put the coffee on the bedside locker. Jay puts his hands around my waist and pulls me close "not really but in some ways yeah but I know you have my back so we should be okay right? " I smile and put my hand on the back of his neck The other hand holding up my towel "always " I say as he kisses me. Jay gets in the shower and I drink my coffee put on my make up and clothes and when I'm finished Jay is ready to go we grab our jackets and our phones and head out.

*at the staction*

3rd persons Pov

Jane even pull up to the station and going it's now 658 and there bang on time. They Buzz them selves up to The bullpen and sit down at there desks. As they sit down mouse voight storm out of voice office "suit up we have an eyewitness putting Jason at the docs, Lindsey and Halsted I need you to go to Jasons apartment and search for clues he apparently met a girl at a bar last night and need you to check the house for her or a body".

Jays Pov

Everybody nodded at voights orders and Suited up, me an Erin greeted Olivia and then we suited up as well just to be safe. When we were suited up we left immediately for Jason's apartment, shortly after the rest of the unit left for the docs. We reach Jason's apartment and drew our guns "Chicago PD "we shouted before no response and I kickdown the door. We went through the house checking room by room searching for any clues or a suspected girl. There was no sign of any girl being in this house or any clues there could pin one being here recently. We radioed Voight and told him that we were on our way back to the station as he said they were still on the way to the docs. Me and Erin headed back to the station.

Voights Pov

We searched for a lead all night and this was the first one we had got. We reach the docs Olivia and I in my truck followed by Alvin and Adam followed by Kevin and Antonio. We pulled up and went to the part of the docs where Jason had been supposedly seen. We cleared the area and searched it as we found a note in a box. The no read "you should of kept your loved ones safe Voight"

V- Erin ....?

Erin's Pov

We arrived back at the station and went up to the bullpen through the back entrance. We went up to the bullpen. Jay and I sat at my desk doing paperwork and talking While waiting for the unit to return with some update. Do you know were both writing in some paperwork when we heard a voice come from right by Jay. I look up to see two men dressed in black One with a gun to the back of jays head "take your guns slowly out of your holsters, unload them and placed them on the floor ". I did exactly as they asked just not wanting to hert Jay. Before I could even react I felt a pinch in the side of my neck and everything started to go blurry I seen Jay fall to the floor unconscious as I began to subsided to the darkness I relised who's voice it was .... Jason's!.

Voights Pov

I shouted "it's a set up there going after Erin "as we all ran back to our cars and rushed to the station, "slow down Hank you don't want to get us killed on the way there" I Hurd Olivia say as I realised I was driving recklessly with my sirens on. We get to the district and see everybody outside, I stopped the car and jumped out and run over to plat:

V- what's going on where's Erin and Jay

P- some homeless guy put a package on my desk a box. He said some guy paid 20 bucks to bring the box in here and get out as fast as he could, it sounded like I was ticking and we had to have evacuate and call bomb squad... Wait Erin and Jay there at that Jason balers house right?

V- shit!, * bomb squad came out and gave it the all clear* it was a distraction we need to get up to the bull pen right NOW erin she came back earlier with Jay they were doing paper work while waiting for us.

3rd person Pov
Voice stormed into the building "ERIN". He then went up to the bull pen and there was nobody in sight and he went over to Erin's desk to notice a small drop of blood on the floor and a syringe lying on the far side of the desk. The rest of the unit ran up the stairs...

V- there gone ....

Thanks for reading feel free to leave feed back or comment or vote, thanks again 💙
Peace ✌🏻️🦄