Chapter 17

*2 months later*

Jays Pov

Everything has been going great over these last few months Erin and I are great, we are not without the odd argument or two but we aways figure it out. Voight is tolerating our relationship... For now, and Alex is happy she's enjoying school and her and Eva are really close and she made loads of friends in school. She even made it onto the school basketball team, and not to show favouritism or anything but she's one of the best. Oh and she now calls me dad which is strange but I like it and just like I did when I was younger she calls me Jay when she wants something ha. Erin stays over now when Alex is here and the other day Alex called Erin mom by mistake but we laughed about it after they got a small bit embarrassed, I on the other hand loved it.

In other news me and Erin went on a weekend break to New York just the two of us, were only back actually it's Sunday night now and we got Friday off and left that morning. It was amazing we didn't leave the hotel much, if ya know what I mean but we didn't actually do much of what your thinking right now. We really just ordered room service and cuddled wile watching movies. It was great, on Saturday we even popped over to see Olivia benson and her unit. She congratulated us on our relationship and we wondered how she new and then remembered how close she is with Hank. All around it was an amazing trip but we go back to the madness know as work tomorrow, although it is mad we do love our jobs.

Erin's Pov

I woke up with a smile on my face when I felt jays warm embrace behind me. I was grinning ear to ear just thinking about our fabulous week end we had together. I moved slowly from under jays arms and went to the kitchen to put on coffee. I decided to let Jay sleep in for a few minutes as I woke up Alex. It was now 8:00am and we had to be at the district for 9 and Alex had to be at school for 9:20am so she can walk from the district up the street to the school. I nocked and walked into Alex's room she stirred a little and I walked over to the side of the bed. I put my hand on her shoulder and said:

E- hey hunny your gona have to get up now for school *she said softly*

A- ugh do I have to ...

E- unfortunately yes common I'll make you breakfast and you can wake up Jay

A- I will get up on one conduction..

E- and what's that?

A- can we have pancakes ?

E- hah of corse we can we have time.

*alex jumps out of bed*

A- ok you start the pancakes and I'll wake dad

E- good plan I'm on it

Alex runs out of her room and towards jays room. I walk into the kitchen and look in the door as Alex jumps on the bed "hey dad get your ass up, if I have to be awake now so do you!" She says as he starts to tickle her, " hey you know you may be narly be 16 but you still have tickles" I can't help but smile as I look on at them laughing and messing."hey common stop it dad hahah" " ok I'm up, is Erin making breakfast?" I here him question "yes we're having pancakes". "I better go help or well behaving burnt pancakes for breakfast" he smiles as he looks out at me "hey!!" I say laughing at him. "Ok al you go get ready for school and Erin and I will make breakfast ok?" "Ok" Alex says as she kisses his cheek and gets up. Alex runs by me as I walk into Jay smiling at him "what are you smiling at?" He questions putting on sweat pants as I step into the room " your family" I say. "My family..." He says with a puzzled look on his face "ya you and Alex yere amazing", "thank you but unfortunately for you were your family too, well if you have us. Because I know Alex loves you and you know I love you so if you think your getting away from us that easy your mistaken" Jay says as he grabs my waste pilling me closer "I wouldn't have it any other way" I say as I lean in to kiss him, it goes from innocent to heated in seconds. Jay and i are in a world of our own when Alex comes out of her room with her clothes on "get a room" she says laughing at us, Jay pushes the door closed and shouts out "good?" As we laugh. All you can here is "gee I didn't mean it literally" from Alex, Jay and I pull away as Jay says " I'm gona get in the shower really quick" I kiss him once more before going out the door "pancakes..." I say as I put the batter in the pan and Alex sits down.

I'm narly done the pancakes for Alex when she looks up at me and asks:

A- so Erin can I talk to you for a second?

*erin walks over to Alex*

E- ya shoot

A- ok so I've known you for as long as I have Jay and it looks to me like ya are really happy, and I hope I'm right but you have been kind of like my mother figure in my life since Jay adopted me and a dam good one if I do say so... But anyway I wanted to ask you if you would mind me calling you my mother .. I know it's strange but I do love you like you already are my mom but I didn't want to over step my boundaries and assume I could call you that so that why I'm asking would you be my mother I guess ...

E- Alex... I don't know what to say... I love you too al and if you want me to be your mom then of corse I will. *erin gets a tear in her eye*

A- hey don't cry ha... Thank you mom *hugs Erin tightly*

Jays Pov

I walk out to see Erin and Alex hugging I stand there and just smile as they embrace each other before I see smoke coming from the pan. I run over to the pan and put it of the hot hob "I got it !" I say as I turn to Alex and smile" so you ready for school?" I ask as she nods "just about I have to go brush my teeth first tho". Erin is just about ready she just goes into the bed room to get her shoes on as I do mine. Alex comes out and grabs her bag and we head to the station.

We arrive at the district at bang on 8:59. Erin drove as per usual and Alex sat in the back. We pulled up at the district and it takes 10 minutes to get to the school and Alex liked to be early so she put her bag on her back and leaned into the front:

A- bye dad see ya later *kisses jays cheek*

j- bye baby see ya after school

A- bye mom see ya after school *kisses Erin's cheek too*!

*jay looks at Erin with a massive grin on his face*

E- bye hunny see you later

*alex gets out of the car and starts walking toward the school*

*jay still staring at erin*

E-what?

J- mom?

E- oh god ya Alex asked me this morning would I be her 'mom' I said yes, I hope it's ok I should asked you first Jay I ...

*jay cuts her of with a kiss*

E- I'm gona take that as a good sign *laughs*

J- I love you Erin Lindsey!

E- ha I love you to Halstead now we better go inside .

Today's gona be a good day that both thought !.

Hey thanks for reading hope you like and there's not to many mistakes. Hope it's no to long and feel free to leave feed back or a vote thanks again 💙
Peace ✌🏻️