Chapter 4

Erin's Pov

I hear Jay shout out *BODY* i got a sick feeing in my stomach hoping it wasn't another young girl. It was hard cases like this they stir a lot of memories. As I make my way through the right side of the space toward where I heard jays voice I hear him shout again *SHES GOT A PULSE* when I hear those words it was such a relief. I'm about half way towards Jay and I can't see him anymore. He's probably just bent down to low. I keep walking and here Jay talking, but to who?. I raise my weapon and keep walking quietly.

Jays Pov (s= shooter)

J- wo ok ...

S- lets see your hands! Throw your weapon slowly towards me.

J- ok ok .... Here .. (Slides weapon)

S- good now stand up and keep your hands up!!

J- ok man were all good here.

S- is she dead! (Points toward the motionless Young girls body)

J- no but she will be if you don't let me put pressure on that wound!

S- no keep your hands up!
(Moving the gun closer to jays head)

J- hey! Ok ok

Jays Pov

All I can think about now is this girl is going to bleed out if I don't do something quick! I haven't heard anything from Erin so I'm hoping she knows somethings up. The shooter stays quite for a bit as I stand there with my hands up. I see Erin in the distance and she sees the gun she's walking slowly and staying quite.

The shooter starts to speak again:

S- I'm sorry but I can't have you going back to your cop friends and telling them what I've done here!

(The gun clicks as he goes to lift it to jays head again)

J- wo man I won't say anything, I'll just say we found her here and the shooter got away!

S- I can't have any loose ends!

I close my eyes and brace for what's to come! All the things that are going through my head like how I couldn't help the young girl, and what I haven't said to Erin, oh Erin... She's not going to get over here in time! As I shut eyes I here a really loud gun shot!...

I peen my eyes and feel something all over my face I put up my hand and look at it .. It's blood ... But it's not my blood. I look down to see the body of the shooter life less on the floor and Erin a few steps back with her gun raised:

J- nice shot .(i say sarcastically)

E- Jay ...(I step over the body and give Jay a big hug holding him close!) (a tear streams down Erin's face as she looks up)

J- hey wo I'm ok... (Hugging her tight) thanks to you.

E- that was intense... (She says with a little laugh, and another tear)

J- (looks in Erin's eyes) hey don't cry

E- I'm not! (Hits him playfully)

J- it's ok boss I believe you ;) ... But in all seriousness ... Thank you Erin!

E- hey that's why you have back up... (She smiles)

Erin's Pov

Jay turns around and takes of his jacket and then shirt leaving him in Just a vest. He rips the shirt to get one long strip and ties it around the girls wound pulling it tight. *shes coming around* I say to Jay as the girl opens her eyes. *hey your ok, my name is Jay I'm with Chicago PD* the girl can narly move. *whats your name honey* I say, it's faint but she says *Alex...* before going back into a state of unconsciousness. Jay quickly picks her up bridle style and suggests we bring her to Chicago med in the car case it's only around the bend and an ambo would take to long, so we put her into the back of the car to take her to Chicago med. jay stays I the back with the young girl keeping pressure on the wound. We turn on the sirens and quickly get to Chicago med.

Jays Pov

We have the sirens on and pull up In front of Chicago med, I jump out and carefully pick up the girls limp body. Erin gets out and goes in ahead of us *we need some help* she say as a nurse runs over with a gurney, I place Alex on the gurney and the take her away. We stand there in the entrance to the med bay I have blood all over my hands and top. I was given some clean scrubs to change into and we were put into the waiting room. Erin grabs my hand. *shell be ok she's strong* I nod. *im going to stay here I think and wait for news, they say she has no family her mother OD a while back and her dads in prison so I'm all she's got really, Erin hugs me and says *I'm gona go back to the precinct and fill in the team I'll tell Voight he won't mind* She kisses my cheek supportively and then walks away.

Sorry this is chapter is kinda long hope you like it, thank for reading.