Chapter 18

Draco’s POV

I froze when those words escaped my mouth. I wasn’t sure how she felt about me, but I was pretty sure that she felt the same. There was one problem though. We had only been going out - wait; could you really call it going out? It’s been more like friends with benefits. We hadn’t made things official, and they weren’t going to be. I couldn’t let that happen.

I pulled back a little to look at her. She was smirking up at me. “Draco,” she said, “I thought I told you not to become too emotionally attached to me?”

My eyes widened. Was it her way of telling me that she didn’t feel the same? I was freaking out – on the inside of course. I wanted her to feel the same, but that didn’t mean that she would. I mean, she does like kissing me, but that could just means she likes kissing. I shouldn’t really raise my hopes like that.

“I get it,” I said, taking her smirking silence as what I thought it was. “I’ll just be going now.”

Her fingers catching mine surprised me. “Where do you think you’re going, handsome? I haven’t told you how I feel yet,” she continued to smirk. “I’m in love with you as well.”

My lips curled into their very own smirk. “I thought I told you not to fall in love with me?”

She shrugged. “I just couldn’t help it.”

“I guess I am that good looking, handsome just like you said,” I poked fun at her and she giggled that time instead of scolding me for having a big ego. “I love your laugh.”

She rolled her eyes. “You just told me you loved me; you don’t have to say that you love my laugh as well. It’s implied that you love everything about me in those three little words.”

“I don’t love everything about you,” I said automatically.

“What?” she asked, looking up at me. “What’s there not to love about me?”

“Well, I can’t think of anything off the top of my head, but when I do, I’ll let you know,” I said, grabbing her hand and leading her away from Madame Paddifoot’s.

“I’m holding you to that,” she sounded serious.

I smiled toothily at her. “I know you are.”

“I’m hungry,” she announced a few moments later.

I checked my watch. “Well, it’s time for lunch up at the castle. You wanna go?”

“Of course! All this sneaking around makes a girl hungry,” she pulled on my hand towards Hogwarts.

What waited on us when we approached the entrance door was not a pretty sight. It just meant that we were found out, and that I was in deep shit. Not that we noticed right away. I mean, how could I notice anything else when the most beautiful girl jumps into my arms with her eyes shining? I had to kiss her, which just made a throat clear.

“What do you two think you’re doing outside when class is still in session?”

Her legs dropped from around my waist pretty quick. I released her and sprang away from her just as quick or perhaps even faster. We both looked over at the long haired professor with a rather large nose, as nose that seemed to like to get into my business a lot more than usual.

“We were just-“ Courtney tried to save us, but he cut her off.

“I have no need for your pathetic excuses, Miss Flint,” he said, approaching us. “Fifty points from Gryffindor for skipping classes, next time I catch you I will notify Professor McGonagall. Now, I suggest that you go inside for lunch. I’d like to have a word with Mr. Malfoy, if you don’t mind.”