Chapter 38

I turned around slowly to face Pansy. What was she even doing in the boys’ dormitories? She wasn’t waiting for Draco, was she? That was creepy. She was just creepy in general, and I so just wanted to yell at her, but I couldn’t because I’d wake up everyone and then I’d be in even deeper shit.

“Pansy?” I whisper-yelled instead. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” she smirked. “I’m a Slytherin. I actually have access in here. You’re a good-for-nothing Gryffindor that has no right to be in the dungeons. So, tell me, Courtney. What were you doing in Draco’s room?”

“What were you doing waiting outside of Draco’s room?” I played back.

She rolled her eyes. “Everyone knows we’re practically a couple. Don’t think just because you’re sneaking out of his room all bleary eyed and messy haired that he has any interest in you what so ever. He’s just using you.”

I sighed. “And you think that he’ll fall in love with a pug face like yours? Dream on.”

I made to walk past her, but she stopped me with a gentle hand on my shoulder. “Listen, Flint,” she said through clenched teeth, “I’m warning you. I can ruin your life if you so choose it. So if I were you, I would make nice with me right now.”

“In your dreams, Pansy,” I smirked. “How do you even have friends with a name like that? Pansy…it just sounds disgusting, which gives us such a nice preview for your face. So, I’ll see you later. Just think about what I said, and I know you’ll find that heart that I know is in there somewhere. Although, I bet it’s deep, deep, deep down in there. Catch you later, Pansy”

I walked out the door and towards the Gryffindor tower, where I showered and got ready to face the day. I knew it would be a dozy because of Pansy and whatever she had in mind, which could be hardly anything at all. She was just a jealous bitch that needed to get a life and leave my fiancé alone. Dumb bitch.

“Hey, Court,” Kam caught up with me as I was walking down the steps to the common room. “Where were you last night? I tried to find you so I could tell you all about my date yesterday, but you were nowhere to be found. You two weren’t shagging were you?”

I blushed. “Well…”

“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe this. You’ve turned into such a naughty girl, Courtney. I don’t know if I want you with such a bad influence,” she then laughed. “I know that you two totally belong together. So, it’s okay if you want to get a little naughty with him every once in a while.”

“Gee, thanks. I so needed your permission,” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Anytime,” she smiled as we passed some people in the corridor that were looking at us funny. “What’s wrong with your eyes?” Kam yelled back at them. “Do you know what’s going on, Court?”

I shrugged. “How should I know?”

“That was just plain weird, Court. Are you sure you have no idea what’s going on?”

I shook my head. “I don’t think so.”

We continued on and made it all the way to the Entrance Hall where even more people were staring at us or staring at me was what it seemed like. I was getting all nervous and flustered. What was going on?

“Hey, Courtney!” I turned to see Seamus Finnegan approaching me with Dean Thomas. “Wanna help me with my History project? I could sure use the help,” he winked at me as they passed and went into the Great Hall.

My mouth dropped open. That pug-faced bitch! She knew that rumors went around like wildfire in Hogwarts so she took advantage of it. She told me to make nice with her, but I didn’t. I don’t see how this could even be remotely be equal to me calling her ugly. It was taking it too far. Next time I saw her, I promised myself that I would kick her in the face.