Chapter 35

My next move was to slap Fred across the face again, but when he told me that he didn’t love me either, I was stopped right in my tracks. At first, I didn’t think that I had heard him right. He didn’t love me? That was just…surprising. I mean, what had the Christmas break been all for then? Why did he insist on us being together when he didn’t even love me?

“What?!” I said instead, not being able to get another word out of my mouth.

“Listen, I know that this seemed like it was all for nothing, but-“ He started to explain, but I interrupted him real fast.

“I can’t believe that you told me that you loved me that night in the moonlight when it was all romantic, which made me believe you!” I yelled and made to hit him again, but I was caught again. “What was it some lame Weasley joke? Well, this is the last time I ever date a Ginger,” I tried to get out of the grip of the person behind me, but I didn’t succeed.

“Hey,” said a very familiar voice. “I thought only a Ginger could call a Ginger, Ginger?”

I sighed. “Not two of them!” I whined.

“Court,” said Fred, pulling me out of his brother’s grip. “I thought I loved you. I really believed that right there on my parents’ porch that you were the one for me, but when I went back to my normal life, I soon found that there are more fish in the sea, and one of those fish loves me back.”

I smiled then. “I am so happy for you!” I then jumped into his arms for a hug. “I can’t believe that you fell in love with another girl.”

“You know just ‘cuz we’re pale, we do alright with the females,” George stressed the word ‘females’ out as I slowly turned at looked at him.

I shook my head. “What are you even doing here, George?”

He shrugged. “Fred asked if I could be here about this time to look at this building. It’s just a plus that I’m here in the middle of your conversation. There has to be some comedic energy flowing through this place at all times if this is going to be the next Wheezes.”

Fred laughed. “That’s what she called it! The second Wheezes is exactly what she said when we walked over from Zonko’s. I think this place has potential and enough potential for-“

“Excuse me?” I cleared my throat. “Are we going to finish our conversation? You know, I do have plans this Valentine’s Day, and I’d like to get back to them now that I know I’m not going to be breaking a heart today.”

“Oh, yeah, sure,” Fred focused on me instead of his twin. “What was I saying?”

“You said that you had fallen in love with someone else. Who is she?”

“Okay, the story his hilarious. I was at the shop just minding my own business when Dawn came up to me and pitched the most wonderful idea, which was that we open a shop here in Hogsmeade. We went to dinner because she still had more ideas to discuss with me. One thing led to another and-“

“You fell in love with Dawn? As I remember she was a bitch,” I didn’t understand. George has said that Fred wouldn’t even look at her. What was he doing dating her? No, I wasn’t jealous like you’re thinking right now. No, I was just wondering what Fred would see in a bitch like that.

He shrugged. “I don’t think she’s a bitch.”

I rolled my eyes. “I thought you said that he wouldn’t go near her?” I asked George.

He smiled. “Jealous much?”

“What? No, I am not jealous. I am just-“

“Curious?” Fred asked.

“No, well, yes, but that’s not the-“

“Point?” George asked.

“I hate it when you guys do this,” I shrieked before turning. “I’m out of here.”

“Once you go ginge, you can never go back!” They yelled after me, but I just showed them my middle finger as I slammed the door behind me and was shocked by the cold wind on the outside.

I couldn’t believe that he was in love with someone else, and that someone just happened to be Dawn. I hated Dawn. I only met her once, and I hated her. Not because I was jealous that she was with Fred, but I hated her on terms. It was just the way she talked to me that day that made me not want to take any of her shit. Maybe that’s because I actually said that to her. Oh well, the point is that I don’t like her.

“Hello, what can I get for you?” asked Madam Rosmertta from behind the bar at the Three Broomsticks. “You look a little angry and confused. Perhaps a little bit of firewhiskey could help with that?” she said, setting a shot glass full of the red liquid in front of me. “It’s not good to be angry and confused on Valentine’s Day. Drink up. That’s the only one that’s on the house.”

I took a sip and gasped as the drink burned my throat. I sighed and swallowed the rest in one go. It burned so good, if that makes any sense. I burped before passing the glass back to her and started looking around for Draco. He said to meet him there. Why wasn’t he there? Was he in the washroom? That would make sense.

“Hey, girl,” I turned back to see Madame Rosmertta whispering at me. “Are you Draco Malfoy’s date?”

I opened my mouth and shut it again. How did she know that I had come in there to see Draco? I was a bit confused, but my reaction caused a smile to appear on her face. She then ran to the back room behind the bar. I was so confused. What was going on? She came back and passed me a piece of parchment that was folded in half.

“What is this?” I asked her, not knowing whether I should trust her or not.

She smiled again. “It’s very romantic is what it is. Open the bloody letter before I wet myself of excitement.”

I looked at her oddly but opened the letter anyway. I was surprised to find that there was only three and that word was written in Draco’s handwriting. I smiled when I saw it, but I didn’t understand it. How was I supposed to understand three little words?

I want you.

A/N: Hmm, what could his not possibly mean? The picture on the side is a bit of a hint. It’s also the banner that JarFullOfCookies made me. She’s just great, isn’t she? The banner is just so cute with Draco and Courtney kissing. It’s just great. Right? Haha. And there’s a quote or two in there by request of three people. I’m sure they’ll just bust a gut laughing. Anywho…vote and comment! Lovers you guys! <3