Chapter 14

Kissing Draco was one thing but having sex with him might have been a bit far. I was so scared. I was actually hoping that we wouldn’t go through with it, which is what happened. I don’t know what happened to Draco, but all of a sudden, he just stopped kissing me. He wouldn’t tell me what was going on. He looked upset as he asked me to leave. I didn’t want to, but I did as he asked.

“Hey,” I smiled at Kam as I made my way over to the Gryffindor table for dinner.

She lost her smile when she looked at me. “Where have you been? Off with Draco perhaps?”

I sighed. “Well, we had to stay after History of Magic because of Professor Binns. We’re in trouble again, which means that we have an extra assignment due after the holiday. It’s totally not fair, and all Draco’s fault. If he would just meet with me, it wouldn’t be such a hassle. I wish…I wish…that I had a different partner.”

“Do you really?”

I looked down at the table. No, I didn’t really wish it because then Draco and I would’ve never kissed, but at the same time, it’s seemed to ruin what we did have. So, I didn’t know what I really wished. I know that I wished that I knew what was going on with Draco. How could he just go on from snogging me to not even wanting to touch me? Was there something going on at home? I mean, when we were little his parents fought a lot. I remember the yelling coming from down the hall when I was playing with Draco in his room. It was not a pretty sight to see Draco so upset about it. That was what he kind of looking like when he pulled away. Or perhaps he was scared too. Is he a virgin as well? No, he can’t be if he asked – and laughed at – the fact that I was a virgin.

“Well, I have good news,” Kam said, bringing me from my thoughs, which I was grateful for. “Blaise asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him on the first. Is that great?” She really did look happy.

I smiled. “That’s great! He seems like a really nice guy.”

“He really is. Hey, maybe Draco will ask you,” she shrugged.

I shook my head. “Probably not.”

“You never know.”

“Hey, what are we talking about?” Ron asked, sitting down beside Kam.

“Hey,” Kam looked roughly at him. “Where’s your whore – I mean, girlfriend?”

He shrugged. “I dunno. Does it matter?”

“Yes, it does, Ron,” I couldn’t believe how stupid he was being. “She’s your girlfriend. She’s been your girlfriend for close to a month now. You should know where she is or at the very least thinking of her.”

“How can I think of someone who is so annoying? She’s constantly jabbering on about how she loves me, and she says creepy things about Kam and Hermione. I have no idea why,” I rolled my eyes as he leaned in, “and get this: she wants to snog all the time. My lips just can’t take it anymore. They’re about to fall off. I just know it.”

I smirked. “Serves you right for dating a psycho path. I tried to warn you when I was roomed with her.”

“How’s that going?” Kam asked, changing the subject. “Is she still being all creepy and not letting you sleep? If I were you, I would’ve decked her a good one already, and not just for the obvious reasons,” she winked at me.

I laughed. “It’s going nicely actually because I’ve been sneaking down to the common room to sleep on the couch. I just get up about a half hour early. I haven’t been caught yet.”

“Nice,” Ron smirked. “So, ah, Court, are you going to Hogsmeade with anyone?”

I sighed. Here we go again. He was still drawing out the who I-was-the-one-who-was-jealous thing. I tried explaining, but he wouldn’t hear of it. He just wanted to believe that I wanted him so much. Well, dream on Ronald. I’m definitely not the one for you.