Chapter 39

I don’t know how long I waited on Snape. It felt like forever though. I just kept wondering what he was going to do o me. I know for sure that he would be a lot harder on me than Slughorn had been. I was ready to be expelled. I was truly mentally preparing myself that I was about to spend my last night at Hogwarts. I should have never hit her, but she so deserved it.

“Miss Flint,” his voice slithered in along with him. “I cannot believe your behavior tonight. I have no idea-“

“Just hurry up and expel me, okay? I don’t want to hear a lecture on how wrong my behavior was because I already know that,” I had even surprised myself at how I had interrupted him. “I’ve been through too much this year to hear a lecture and from you of all people! So, Professor Snape,” I had to try and gain composure and respect for him, right? “Just hurry up and expel me because I can’t take this place much longer.”

He raised an eyebrow up at me. “Expel you? Why on Earth would I expel you?”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You’re not going to expel me?”

“No, I would never dream of expelling you, Miss Flint. Besides, it’s not my place to. You are Minerva’s charge to attend to on that matter,” he sat down at his chair after blinking at me from a distance. “I brought you here because I wish to speak with you about why your behavior as gotten so drastic.”

“It’s all Pansy’s fault-“ I began to explain myself but he held his hand up.

“I happen to know all about the rumor that she started today. We teachers very rarely ever hear rumors about our students, but who couldn’t ignore the chants of ‘Courtney Flint is a slut’ around the corridors. Minerva wants to speak to you about this as well,” he smirked. “But that won’t happen until tomorrow. Right now, I wish to know of the rumor is true. Where you found sneaking out of Mr. Malfoy’s room this morning?”

I sighed and bit my lip. “Yes, I was,” I murmured.

“What was that? I’m afraid I couldn’t hear you.”

I blushed. “Yes,” I said louder. “Yes, I was caught sneaking out of Draco’s room this morning.”

“And who caught you?”

I sighed. “Pansy, sir.”

“Did you and Draco actually do what is accused of you two?”

I blushed. “I don’t understand how this is relevant. It’s no one’s business what we did last night or any other night for that matter,” I said, getting huffy with Snape. What kind of question is that? I mean, come on. Did he really want to know that Draco and I had sex last night? I really doubt it.

“I’m sure you are aware of what Draco is, am I correct?”

I looked up at him in surprise. Where was he going with this? What did this rumor about me have to do with Draco being a deatheater? I gulped because I knew somewhere deep down in my gut where that conversation was going. Draco and I had to be kept a secret, and we weren’t a secret anymore.

“Yes, sir,” I nodded, not looking at him.

“Then you must know what I’m going to tell you next,” he paused for a moment. What he paused for I don’t know. “You need to distance yourself away from Draco. I know that you love him, but it’s for the best. You’ll be better off not in this mess. He’ll be better off without you in it. I know you understand, Courtney.”

I nodded. “It has to be done.”

“I’m sure you’re also aware of the fact that the Dark Lord knows that there is a girl in Draco’s life,” he paused and I nodded. So, he continued. “He doesn’t know who she is though. I happen to know that the girl is you, obviously, but I can only keep him in the dark so much longer. I should tell you that Pansy’s parents are also followers, not that she knows. I wouldn’t have put it past her to write to them telling of today’s events.”

“Oh shit,” I whispered to myself.

He nodded. “Oh shit is right, Miss Flint. He’ll know about you within the next week or two, tops.”

“I should have never gone to his room last night. We should’ve never gotten back together. It was dangerous and we knew it,” I slammed my head against the wall that was behind my chair. “How could we have been so stupid?”

“I assure you that you were not being stupid. Careless, perhaps, but I know I would do anything for love. You two have nothing to regret,” his eyes sparkled some behind his long, greasy hair. “As soon as he knows who that girl is, I have no doubt in my mind that he will kidnap her and use her to get Draco to do what he wants. You, Courtney, are in danger.”

I swallowed hard. “How could I have let this happen?”

“There is a way out, my dear,” he said and my attention was brought back to him pretty quickly. “You are going to have to stay in Hogwarts until the term is over. You are to go home and pack. Do not allow yourself to stay the night.”

“But my mum would never let me leave after being home for just a couple of hours.” She would kill me if I thought about leaving ever. I couldn’t do it.

He smirked. “Then you’ll have to sneak out, won’t you?”

“Where am I supposed to go after I sneak out?” I asked, not believing that a Professor was telling me to betray my parents.

“The Burrow. You’ll be protected there with the Order for protection,” he answered my question pretty quickly  as if he had already thought the plan out. “You do know how to apperate, right?”

I shook my head. “No, we haven’t taken the class yet.”

“I shall teach you unless I can get the Ministry to come and teach a class here at the school,” he jotted down the note probably to remind himself later.

“What about my parents?” I had just thought about them. What would happen if I left them? “Won’t they be in danger from You-Know-Who if I leave?”

He shook his head. “That is not possible. Your father is way too important to his cause.”

My mouth dropped. “What did you just say?”

He looked at me at that point. “I’m terribly sorry. You didn’t know did you?”

“Are you saying that my dad is a deatheater?” I was so surprised. Is that why he hung out with Draco’s dad so much?

He nodded. “Yes, he is a follower.”

 I should’ve guessed that he was. He had been secretive as well as leaving a lot. He even left me alone almost all summer long when I had been there. He also wore long sleeves a lot. Was that to cover his mark?

“I know this is a lot to take in, Miss Flint, but I assure you that if you need any help along the way, I will be of assistance as long as I am still around.”

I smiled at him. “Thank you, Professor,” I then had another thought. “How am I supposed to distance myself away from Draco if we’re partners in History of Magic? Haven’t you heard? That’s what started this whole mess.”

He nodded. “I will take care of everything, Miss Flint. You are dismissed.”

“Thank you again, sir.”

“Oh, and Courtney,” he caught me as I was about to put my hand on the door knob. “Come to my classroom on Saturday night for detention. I can’t let you get away with this now can I?”

I nodded. “No you can’t. See you in class, Professor.”

“See you,” he called after me as I shut the door behind me.

A/N: As most of you predicted, Snape wasn't all that mean because he knows about them and likes them. It's so sad, but it has to be done, right? So, we didn't find out if she and harry will be friends still, but we'll find out in chapter 40. As well as some of the things that Snape mentioned, such as the lessons and the new partner. Haha. Also, this chapter gives us a glimpse of what is going to happen in the first chapter of the sequel. :D I'm so excited. 10 or so more chapters left...we can do this. Don't forget to comment, vote, and love. <3 you, my fans, are the absolute best, and that's no lie!