You Want Me - Eight

Eight.

We pulled up to my favorite spot in the whole town. I smiled looking over at the red and orange trees that were changing as the air turned into crisp cool weather. Path ways going into the bush, families playing at the climber. Laughing and not having a care in the world.

"Do you like it?" I asked Bradley looking over at him.

"Yeah this is amazing." He said. We got out of my car and walked down the trails through the trees.

"I come here when i need to think." I said sitting down on a large rock.

"Yeah i don't blame you its peaceful here." He smiled.

"Yeah, so where did you move from?" I asked realizing that i didn't know much about him.

"A small place a few hours from here. Its called Lightendale."

"Why'd you move?" I asked.

"My parents divorced. My dad cheated, so i moved with my mom and my younger bother."

"That sucks, how olds your brother?" I asked,

"Hes twelve, his names Wesley."

"Nice, i wished i had a sibling. I'm an only child my parents are never home so i spend most my time at a friends house. I don't like being alone in such a big place."

"Where are your parents?"

"Who knows. Here, there, everywhere." I sighed.

"Well would you like to come over tonight for dinner? I'm sure my family would like to meat you." He asked looking away. His cheeks turning red.

I laughed, "Sure i would love too!" I smiled.

*****

I smiled at myself, my hair was up in a simple pony tail. My makeup light and had shimmering lip gloss on my lips.

I looked at the time, 5:30pm. Brad should be here soon. I heard the doorbell ring, i smiled again and ran down stairs.

"Hey Br-" I stopped mid name. "Noah what are you doing here?" I asked dryly.

"Brook can we talk?"

"No Noah! I'm done talking to you! I'm done with all your bullshit! I'm done with you!" I yelled. "I told you i loved you and you told me the same. Three days later i see you fucking Paula in the storage room! Yeah Noah because you love me!"

"Brook im sorry..."

"You're sorry? That's all you ever say Noah. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Well guess what i don't give a fuck if you're sorry! It means nothing to me.  Your sorries are just another line of bull shit that comes out of your mouth." My voice cracked and tears fell from my eyes.

"Brook..."

"Everything okay here?" I looked over seeing Brad standing off to the side.

"Yeah everythings fine." Noah growled. "Why dont you leave, Brook and i need to talk."

"No Noah! How about you leave! I don't want to see you. I actually have a date with Brad so if you'll excuse me ill be leaving." I smiled.

"A date?"

"Yeah Noah a date. Now get the fuck off my property before i call the cops." I stormed down the steps and walked towards Brad. "Sorry about that, i didn't know he was coming over."

"Its okay, that asshole needs put in his place." He smiled. "Come on lets go." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders pulling me into him.

I couldn't help but get butterflies in my stomach. I sighed in content, Brad made me feel safe and helped me calm down.

We walked though the front door, his home was warm and comfortable.