Chapter 32

Matthews PoV
She sashays in. Usually the first glance of her has the beast awakening but not today. Today he's not budging.
What am I doing? I can't do this, not to Lola. Carla comes over to me and un ties my tie and seductively licks her lips.
"Carla stop, I can't do this"
"Come on Matthew I've just got here and you're the one that rang me!"
"I know I did but it was a mistake, I should never have called you, now please leave"
She didn't move.
"Now!"
"Okay okay I'm going!"
She slammed the suite door behind her. Sighing, I rub my face. Let's face it I'm no longer the Matthew pierce I used to be. I'm not the Matthew that just uses girls anymore. I knew for a fact Lola would turn my world upside down when I first saw her. I need to sort this shit out with Tamara and get back to Lola. I quickly put the shower on and prepare for tonight's dinner.

Lola's PoV
The sun shines through my window which makes me question what time it is. I look at the clock and it reads 6am. So that means I must of been asleep since 5pm yesterday. Wow talk about being tired. Seen as its 6am and I never get up this early ever I decide to go for an early morning jog. I could really do with the fresh air to clear my thoughts. Matthew needs to be out of my head, for good. He is my boss and my boss only. Nothing more, nothing less. And that is how it will stay. I won't see him when I don't need to and I won't communicate with him unless needed.
I change into my running gear and grab a bottle of water out of the fridge and set off.
The cool morning air feels so good on my face, it's so refreshing.
Once I've done my run I get home and have a shower and make myself a smoothie. Seen as I won't be working till Tuesday night I can have some me time.

Matthews PoV
My brain will not stop thinking about Lola. I'm currently sat at the dinner which is the most important one of the weekend and my girlfriend is missing.
"Where's the lucky lady then Matthew" This is what I was dreading. The questions about Lola being absent. They all expected her here with me as she was at the smaller gathering last night.
"There was an emergency back at home she needed to go to" That's  the only excuse I've got.
"Oh that's a shame I was looking forward to meeting the young woman that has managed to snatch you up"
If only.
If only? If only? Shit. There's so much more to this than I thought. I'm obsessed with her, need her, crave her. I can't stop thinking about her and not just her body or looks. So much more than that, the way she bites her lip when she's nervous, the way her smirk goes into a full gleaming smile with her small dimples. The smile that I love.
That's when it hits me. I'm falling in love with her or I have already fallen and I just don't know it yet. But still, love. I am well and truly falling in love with Lola Mckenzie. I thought I was incapable of love, hell even my own mother and sister said I was but this I'm feeling for Lola it's something major and it's got to be a lot more than lust. I think deep deep down I knew, yet I just didn't want to admit it. I mean I'm Matthew pierce so I'm not one to do love but now allowing myself to admit it, it feels so right.
Wow this is so much to deal with. But first things first I need to get this diner out the way and speak to the devil herself before I head home and sort this out with Lola, or at least try to. God knows she'll even speak to me never mind even forgive me.
~~~~~~~
Sorry it's so short, but hey it's better than no update 💁🏼 💞