Chapter 19

Lola's pov
It's been a few weeks since the accident. Kieron, Matthew, Abby, Mike and Layla have all been amazing. They have all been so supportive and caring and I couldn't be more thankful. The funeral was the week after and it was beautiful. My family from both my mums and dads side came.
Although the funeral was the hardest day I have ever had to live through I still hadn't cried since the day they both died. I couldn't even if I wanted to. No tears would come out. Even during the speeches, and even during my speech which was so hard.

Matthew has been incredible and I never knew he could be so caring. He's let me have as much time off as I want but I went back earlier than everyone expected. He's been coming round to the apartment whenever Abby's not here to check on me and he's also offered to take me to my parents house which is 2 hours away. I said that would be helpful but just not yet. Maybe in a few days. I'll have to ring Matthew and see when he's free in the next couple of days. I've got my aunt to look after the house for now until I sort it and sell it or even rent it out. I really don't know yet. The pain is still unbearable but I'm learning to cope better. Even though I haven't cried I still think about it everyday. It's so hard and I really don't know how I haven't cried. It baffles me but I think I'm still in shock, even after 3 and 1/2 weeks.
Wow. 3 and a 1/2 weeks. That's gone so fast. It's like I've been in a trance the whole time. Like I haven't been here. I don't even know what day it is half the time. My minds so messed up.
I dial Matthew's number. He picks up on the first ring.
"Lola? What's up are you okay?"
Wow he really does care. He's been so worried about me and I never in a million years thought that would happen.
"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just wondering if you're still holding that offer of taking me to my parents house? I really don't want to go alone but I don't really want to take Abby or Layla. And you offered so I thought I'd see if the offer still holds?"
"Of course it does. When are you planning on wanting to go? im just at work at the moment"
"I didn't mean to interrupt I'm sorry and in a couple of days whenever you're free"
"No it's fine don't worry about it and I'll book a day off so we can go. How
About Thursday?"
"Yeah that would be fine. Thankyou so much Matthew"
"No need to thank me Lola that's what I'm here for"
I really can't get over how nice and caring he's become. To say he was a jerk and used to just treat me like I was crap he's been so helpful for the past weeks.

Okay so Thursday. So that gives me three days to get my self sorted and know what I'm doing.

~~~~~~~

Lola's speech.
My mum and dad were the most caring and selfless people I've ever known. They were always helping other people and always thought of others before themselves. Although they have gone they will forever be with me. I will treasure the memories I've had with them like the holiday we took to Paris when I was 12. They surprised me with it for my birthday and we went to Disneyland. And the little girly things me and my mum used to do. How she used to plait my hair and I used to paint her nails. The little things will matter as much as the big things. My parents mattered to a lot of people and them being gone will effect a lot of people. They were taken way to soon and it hurts to not have my parents here when I get married or have children. But even though they won't be here for the future and to see their grandchildren they will still live on in all of our memories. And I loved them dearly and will not stop.
See you again soon mum and dad. I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated twice in one day. What? 😳😂Anyway 🙈
🎀COMMENT VOTE🎀