Chapter 29

Lola's poV
I open my eyes slowly. I look at the time, 8:54am. My legs are tangled with Matthews and his arms are around my torso.
shit. shit. shit. shit.
I slept with my boss. Who the fuck does that. I've also made this 'girlfriend' situation a whole lot worse for myself as I'm the one that's catching feelings when I entered this whole thing knowing that it was fake. What the hell have I done. Carefully, not to disturb Matthew I silently but quickly make it to the bathroom realising then that I'm completely naked and my suitcase on the suite floor. shit. shit and double shit. It isn't even like I can blame it on the alcohol last night because I never even touched my wine. I creak open the bathroom door slightly to check on him and see that he's still sound asleep. I cannot believe I'm doing this but I crawl. I fucking crawl. Could my life seriously get any more embarrassing. I reach my case and grab some underwear, a top and some leggings. Fuck dressing nice today. I return to the bathroom and decide to take a shower. I wash my hair and use Matthews body wash because I'm stupid and forgot to pack mine. Once I'm done I dry myself and get dressed. I then brush my teeth and hair and decide to put it in a side plait then it can dry wavy. I emerge from the bathroom to an empty room.
"Matthew?" I call out. I walk to the living room area and there is still no sign of him. In some ways I'm relieved because I really can't face him right now but in other ways I do want to see him to see what he's going to say. His words replay in my head:
"the more I say it the more I want it to be true"
Maybe Matthew does feel the way I do.
I stroll back to the bedroom and see a note that I didn't notice before.
princess,

I've gone down to breakfast, feel free to join me I'll look forward to seeing you,

-m x

I decide to make my self a little more presentable seen as this is a posh hotel and the people here would probably have a heart attack if they saw a woman in leggings. Once I'm done I grab the elevator to the ground floor. Breakfast is held in a different part of the hotel to where we had dinner last night as that was a planned event and not for the people staying at the hotel. The lift ding's indicating I was at my floor and the doors swiftly open. I step out and start searching for Matthew. I can't see him anywhere, not near the food, not at a table.
Maybe he's at the toilet. I round the corner and head towards the toilet blocks and down the marble staircase to see if he's down here. I'm nearing the bottom when I can hear voices and I can 100% say that one is Matthews.
"I don't believe you" a female voice says.
I take one more step so they come into view and see that it is indeed Matthew and he's with Tamara. I step back up so I'm out of view but can still hear them.
"Honestly, Lola means nothing to me at all. Its all fake I don't like her like that, and I will never like her like that. you know me Tam. I don't do that shit. Obviously when the time comes to settle down I will follow mine and your mothers wishes and we'll be married"
Yeah Lola, you're so good at judging people. He really does feel the same way about you. My heart is in my mouth as the words leave his.
I run back up the stairs on the verge of tears. but what did I expect? for him to fall madly in love with me? Ha lets be realistic Lola. I ran through the dining area and ran back to our suite. There was no escape seen as we wasn't in England and I wouldn't be able to just jump on a plane. I'm sorry but I don't want to waste my money trying to run away from some playboy, that is not how Lola McKenzie works. I get to the suite and decide to check out the spa. Hopefully he won't find me there. I grab a swim suit and a new change of clothes and head down to the spa. I prey the whole way down there that I don't bump into Matthew. Once I arrive I speak to the woman at the reception at the entrance of the spa.
"hello can I help you?" the woman with bleach blonde hair and big rim glasses asks me.
"Do I need to book an appointment?"
"No, so long as you're staying at this hotel then it's fine."
"oh good, I'm staying in the suite with Matthew pierce. My names Lola McKenzie"
"You're the one with Matthew? really?"
"yeah? Why is that such a shock?"
"oh it's not, it's just I saw him with a bleach blonde earlier and it wasn't you"
Tamara.
"yeah that's his work partner. Any way can I please have whatever you have on offer and put it on Matthews tab"
"but Miss he's booked you in for tomorrow"
"what? Really? what for?"
"The pamper package. Manicure, pedicure, full body massage, hot stones, facial and make up"
"sounds perfect, but I'll take it now instead of tomorrow"
"okay Miss McKenzie, follow me"
I feel slightly guilty and the fact he booked me into the spa is pretty sweet of him. But why is he booking me into the spa? Oh! He's trying to get me out the way so he can get cosy with Tamara!
The receptionist takes me to a room, she gives me a robe and allows me to get out of my clothes and change into it. I'm looking forward to this.

Matthews pov
"I don't believe you" she says giving me that evil grin she always does.
I really can't believe I'm going to say this...
"Honestly, Lola means nothing to me at all. Its all fake I don't like her like that, and I will never like her like that. you know me Tam. I don't do that shit. Obviously when the time comes to settle down I will follow mine and your mothers wishes and we'll be married" I can't even describe what that does to me as I say those things.
1. Lola does mean something to me. I don't really know what, I need to figure that out.
2. I do like Lola like that, I just don't want to admit it out loud yet.
And 
3. I will never ever ever marry Tamara whether my life depended on it.
"so why are you with her then? I mean if you're doing it for show I could be it and then it would look more real seen as you're going to marry me in the future? plus we're closer seen as we work together"
"Yeah but like I said that's when Im ready to settle down, I'm still having fun yet, like you are"