Chapter 14

Matthews PoV
Sunday's. I fucking hate them. Every week I have to sit at the damn dinner table with my whole family, while my mother bangs on about my settling down with a 'nice young woman' and i know who she's referring to. I'm happy how I am. Why does she feel the need to nag me to get a 'nice young woman'. I sigh as I make my way towards my mother's house.
"Matthew! You're here on time for once!" She bellows as I walk up to the giant doors. "You know you could make more of an effort Matthew" she sighs, as I walk up in a jumper and jeans. Nothing I ever do pleases that woman. "Nice to see you too mother," I say sarcastically. I hear screaming and automatically know my sister Melody and her husband Reece are here with their 18-month-old son. Carter My nephew.
"Matthew!" She says. "How's my younger brother?" She says. She loves that she's 2 years older than me. "I'm fine thanks, how's my nephew?" I say walking towards him, he automatically stops crying when I come into his view. It's safe to say that he loves his uncle Matthew. This side of me is completely hidden from the outside world. Yes, I love my nephew and my sister, and my mother. But for me to fall for a girl. That's different, it doesn't happen. And won't happen. This thing I have for Lola is just sexual. Nothing more. I'm just very attracted to her. And when I have her she will be out of my system and I won't need to think about her anymore. Just then the door opens and in walks Kieron and his mum.
***
We sit down at the extravagant dinner table and my mother shouted to the waiter to serve us. She literally has too much for her own good.
"So what's new?" My mother asks.
"Kieron? You seem happier than normal what's made you so happy?" She continues.
"He was on a date on Friday night, he's been all smiles ever since" Sheila his mum replies aka my aunt. "Okay mother. I'm not a 15-year-old boy. Yes I went on a date doesn't mean I'm happy because of that"
"Yeah you will tell us anything Kieron" she chuckles.
"Why don't you go on dates Matthew? I'm sure you'll find a nice young woman to settle down with" here we go. Fuck sake.
"Mother I don't know how many times we've been through this"
"I'm just saying, I do want a daughter in law"  i know exactly who she's thinking of and she'll be lucky. I think to myself. It's as possible as pigs flying.
"You know how stubborn he is mum, and when he finds her he won't know what's hit him" melody says. 
"Seriously though Matthew, do you not ever think about getting married and having children" she continues. 
nope never
"I mean the way you are with Carter you can't say you hate kids"
My mum and melody knew how I was, how I never brought a girl home, how I've never been 'in love' I mean love is stupid, it's just a word and why would you want to be held down by love when there are millions of women anyway? They also know I have no plans in Marrying or having children either. I mean me a dad? no chance
~~~~~~~~
Rubbish ending to the chapter I know 😂
🎀VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE🎀