Goodbyes and Hellos

Dedicated to meno64 :) <3

Jessie’s P.O.V.

            I smiled down at Cameron and he smiled back at me. I heard the people of Coffee Break clapping around me and I blushed. Cameron pressed the earring in my hand and then wrapped his hand around mine. “You want to go driving?” he asked helping me to my feet.

            I turned and grabbed my scarf and mittens, and then turned back to him. “Well, I actually wouldn’t mind that considering the fact that I don’t have a car.”

            He led me out of the shop, the bell tinkling behind us. “Why, is your car in the shop?” he asked as we waited outside while I pulled on my mittens.

            As I wrapped scarf around my neck I said, “I sent it in for a simple water pump fix, but I think they found more wrong with it and didn’t want to admit to me that it is on the point of dying.”

            I finished and we began to walk. Before I get more than two steps Cameron quickly caught my hand in his and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

            We walked hand in hand down the snow-dusted sidewalk, and for once in my dating history, I didn’t feel that uncertainty at the pit of my stomach. All I could feel was a warm, fuzzy feeling.

            Cameron led me over to his car and as I reached for the handle I felt something grab my hips. I was turned around so my back was set up against the car. Cameron pressed his body into mine, and set his lips against mine. They were soft and his axe cologne made me dizzy.

            I set my hands on his chest and melted into him as he kissed me. 

            Too soon we pulled away, breathless. His dark eyes looked into mine, the pupils dilated to the point where his eyes were almost black.

            “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that,” he said leaning his head against mine. I bit my lip and his eyes followed it. “You really shouldn’t do that. I won’t be able to resist kissing you again, and I might not be able to make myself stop.”

            I blushed and he gently kissed my nose, making my heart flutter. Then he gently pulled me away. He opened the door, helped me in, ran over to the other side and jumped in.

            He started up the car and pulled out onto the road. He took my hand in his again after I slid off my gloves, and he rubbed small circles with his thumb.

            The snow fell softly and the sky was a cloudy gray. Even though it was only three in the afternoon, the streetlamps were already on, casting a hazy glow over the cars driving past.

             “And they lived happily ever after,” I said quietly to myself, smiling and enjoying the warmth of Cameron’s hand.

Cory’s P.O.V

The night of Homecoming:

            I showed up to homecoming in a simple black dress. It went to about mid-thigh, but it had long, draping arms.

            I looked in the room and saw dancing couples moving on the floor. Something touched my elbow and I looked over. “Please be Eric,” I prayed, but I was disappointed to find it was one of the big football players. He wasn’t bad looking, but I for once in my life just wasn’t interested.