Just Like the Others

Cameron's P.O.V.

Shaun was on edge for the next couple of days. He looked ready to snap at any second. At the sight of Kaylee his eyes softened, but his hands clenched.

I also noticed that Jessie was still avoiding me. But not as much.

I went to the library after school, hoping to run into her. I walked for about a half hour in the large library, until I found her. She was curled up on a reading chair that overlooked the town. It was an older part of the library, half empty, full of only some of the oldest, untouched books. The sunlight streamed through the dusty air and illuminated her.

My heart thumped faster as I saw her, and I could feel myself become restless. She was wearing a sweatpants and just a tank top. There was a sweater and a pair of boots on the groud next to her. She probably got to hot and took them off.

That statement alone made my hormones rage. Hot. Clothes off. Oh God. I shook my head. Concentrate. But it was hard. Her long blonde hair wrapped around the front of her shoulders and a bit fell down the front of her shirt to wear her sumptious breasts were, teasing me.

My mouth was dry and I had trouble swallowing. I slowly walked up to her, but she didn't even notice. Well, not until I was kneeling in front of her, pulling on her legs, bringing her small body towards mine.

She shrieked quietly and fought to get away, but it was too late. I had her. My hands were holding her thighs so she was pushed against me. Her chest was pushed against mine, and it took all I could to not look down where that hair was.

Her face was almost touching mine and her cheeks were flushed.

"Cameron!" She gasped making me twitch a bit. I wrapped her legs around my waist and then slipped my hands under her shirt to the very bottom of her back. I rubbed it slightly and I heard the smallest sound of a moan escape her. I pulled her towards me and set my lips at the base of her neck. "What are you doing?" She whispered. "I'm trying to fix what he did to you," I said back honestly.

I crept my hands up her back, over her shirt. My hands rested between her shoulder blades and I began to massage. I worked over a knot and she gasped and arched her back against my hands. Her chest pressed against me and my head spun as her scent overcame me. Mmmm.

I stopped and got up so that I could shift. Before she could react I shifted so we were on the floor with her back to me. I knelt behind her and began to massage her back again. She sighed and I restrained myself from taking her right then.

I bent my head down and kissed tenderly along the back of her neck.

Jessie's P.O.V.

His hand started to work a knot of my back, and his lips caressed my skin.

I should have stopped him, I shouldn't have let him do that to me. But I couldn't help it. He broke my walls like no guy had for a long, long time. And I just couldn't understand why.

I sighed as his hands worked my back. My back was always so sore from the constant leaning over books, working out, and my stressful day to day life. I was an uptight, tense person. My family didn't have a lot of money so I didn't want to make them pay for a chiropractor or the spa.

"Why are you so scared all the time," Cameron's husky voice whispered in my ear as his hands slowly creeped along my back. I shivered involuntarily, partially from his voice and partially from the fact that I was now hidden away in a cold shadow in one of the older parts of the library where the heating wasn't good.

"What do you mean?" I asked tensing up slightly. Cameron noticed and ran his hands up my spine making me arch my back and loosen it. He picked me up and set us on a window seat so that I was facing him across the small cushion. He drew the curtains around us so we would have a bit of privacy. I was warm again, now that the sun was on my skin.

I drew my knees up to my chin and Cameron said, "You're so constantly afraid of everything. Everyone. You put up walls and try and block people out. Me out."

I looked at him, "And you don't do the same thing? Every week you have a new girl. You hump and dump, because I honestly think you're too scared to actually go into a relationship. At least I'm honest and make sure people know."

Cameron was quiet for a moment and then said, "I don't do that shit just because I'm scared." I turned to look at him now and saw that his face, open and vulnerable. The sunlight streamed through the window and onto his hair, bringing out flecks of a deep, rich gold. A bit of his hair was falling into his eyes. I shifted and moved it out of the way and he seemed surprised. "Then why?"

"Yes, I'll admit I'm partially scared of having a relationship, even I will admit that having a girl you love reject or leave you hurts. Way down, every person wants a relationship like that. Whether we'll admit or not.

That's why I do it. I keep looking for a girl who might just be able to change me, and maybe we could both love each other."

I realized this was the first time he was being honest to me about this and I smiled slightly to myself.

Then he asked, "Now, why you?"

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, soaking in the sunlight. I smiled, without any humor as I said, "I guess my life is the epitome of the song Just Haven't Met You Yet. That's how I live."

He was quiet as I softly sang the lyrics to myself, "Broken my heart so many times I've stopped keeping track."

Then Cameron said, "You're so afraid of getting hurt that you won't open yourself to be loved." I looked down and laughed coldly, "Yeah, well, every time I open myself to be loved all I get is hurt. It's like opening the door expecting your guest to come in, but they hit you with a two by four."

"Maybe someone will be different."

"That's what they all say. They hear what you've been through and they promise you that they'll never hurt you. They make you believe that they're different, that they are your prince coming to save you from those cunning dragons. But they're not. All they do is use you, and then leave you behind to pick yourself up on your own and move on again," my tone was bitter, my heart hurting, "And you fall into the trap again and again and again. So I thought it was better to just block off the door and tough it out. It's not as great as finding your man, but hey, it keeps you alive and it's not as miserable as being left behind again. Love has died and took my heart with it."

By the end of my little rant, my eyes were prickling with tears, and my throat was soar and restricted.

Cameron watched me, his eyes sad. He hesitantly leaned towards me, and slowly unwound my limbs. Then he pulled me to him, so our faces were just inches apart.

"I want to heal you. I want to take all that away," he said gently, cupping my cheek. My eyes burned with the tears I withheld and I choked out softly, "That's what they say before they make it even worse." Then I tore away from him and set off to my car. Tears rolled down my face as I came to a stop in my driveway, and I settled my head against the steering wheel.

I couldn't let myself fall again.

Hey! So here's a new chapter. I rewrote it because the original took an hour to write and I didn't like it. So this one took another hour to write. Two hour chapter! Oh yeah! Now you can see where Jessie is coming from. And you get to see Cameron's "soft" side. Though of course, he would never admit he had one ;). Hope you like. The offer is still up, whoever had the first/best comment I will read one of your stories with a comment and a vote.

-BabeinBoyland