Kaylee's Bad Judgement

Shaun's P.O.V.

I looked down at Kaylee and her face mirrored mine. She then pulled her eyes away from me and looked at Cameron. "Please call Jessie," she said quietly holding out her cell phone. He silently nodded, took her phone and walked off a way. 

I sat down next to Kaylee. "What happened?" I asked still rubbing her back gently. 

She closed her eyes and said quietly, "I was walking home from my.....boyfriend's apartment. I was walking through this park and that guy came up and attacked me." 

Cameron came back over and she explained what happened to him. 

When she was done I asked, "Did he get you with the knife anywhere?" She shook her head and sighed. She wiped away her last tears and stood up shakily. 

Then we heard a pounding noise. We turned and saw a lithe figure running towards us. 

A second later Jessie came into view, a dangerous look on her face. She tackled Kaylee into a hug and turned to face us. 

"What happened?" She demanded. Kaylee took her arm and lead her off a way. It seemed to take longer this time and by the end Kaylee was crying again. 

Jessie encompassed her in a hug and stroked her hair. 

I few drops of rain began to fall and I looked up at the sky. It was getting gray and the moon was covered. Cameron noticing the same thing walked with me over to the girls. He said rather gently, "It's beginning to rain. We have a car, we can give you both rides to your houses." 

Jessie looked at Kaylee and said, "You can drop us off at my house. She'll stay the night at my place." 

I nodded and we all trooped to the car. As we walked Cameron asked quietly, "What do you think that was all about?" I shrugged and held open the back door for the girls. Kaylee gave me a watery smile as she climbed in and Jessie nodded her head. 

I shut the door and then climbed into the front. 

Jessie gave us instructions to her place and we began to drive. I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw the girls whispering quietly to each other. Jessie glanced up and met my eyes. Then she looked over at Cameron. She frowned slightly at him, then turned to look out at the stormy night. 

Soon enough we pulled up in front of Jessie's house. After a thank you they climbed out and ran quickly into the house. 

Cameron and I watched them go. Then, Cameron slowly restarted the car and drove away. 

We were silent for a while then Cameron asked, "Do you think saving Jessie's friend helped at all?" I rolled my eyes but couldn't help grinning. I punched Cameron in the shoulder and he grinned toothily.

Jessie's P.O.V. 

Kaylee wrung out her wet hair with a towel and sat down on the floor across from me. Her cheeks were still puffy from crying and my heart broke for her. 

"We'll find you a new and even hotter guy," I promised her. She gave me a weak smile and said, "Thanks Jess." 

We both climbed into my bed and soon fell asleep. The last thing that came to my mind before the drowsiness overtook me was the fact that I kept running into Cameron.

The next morning when I woke up Kaylee was gone. A bit confused, I got out of bed and headed downstairs. I glanced out the front window on the way to the kitchen. The sky was blue, the grass still a bit wet, and a couple was kissing on my driveway. 

Wait, a couple kissing on my driveway!? I backtracked and ran to the window. I looked out and saw Kaylee and Cody kissing. I was dumbfounded as I watched them pull apart, and give each other one last hug. Then Cody hopped into his truck and drove away. I watched as Kaylee walked back up the driveway in my gray sweatpants, tanktop and fuzzy slippers, a smile on her face. 

She opened the door and came in. When she saw that I saw it all she beamed at me and then walked to the kitchen. 

"What happened out there?" I asked 

She took out a toaster waffle and popped it in. "I talked to Cody." 

"And......?" 

She turned, took a deep breath and said, "He was very honest and said that he knows what he did was horrible. He said he was drunk and had no idea what he was doing. He said he knew I shouldn't forgive him but he asked me to take him back. And I did." 

I stared at her for a second then said calmly, "Okay." She smiled and turned back to her waffle. 

But inside my head I was raging. I love Kaylee, I really do, but to take him back after what he did? He didn't deserve her back. He had screwed up bigtime. 

Cameron's P.OV.

Later on the next day I saw Jessie putting her books in her locker. I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder. 

She stood up, her head barely at my shoulder, and turned to look up at me. "Hi," she said warily. 

"Hi," I said smiling then stepped a bit closer and asked quietly, "How's Kaylee doing?" 

She bit her lip nervously then said, "She's...uh..fine. Great actually." I could tell something was up so I bent my head down closer to hers creating a wall so no one could hear us. "What's the matter?" 

She looked down uncertainly then said, "Please don't tell Kaylee that I told you this, or anyone else." 

I nodded and placed my hand over her shoulder against the locker. 

She quietly told me the story and I was astonished by the end. "She took him back?" Jessie nodded then she said, "I don't know why. He cheated on her, he gets drunk, he's not the best student. They are exact opposites. And I'm almost positive he does drugs." 

I nodded and we were silent for a moment. She sighed and closed her eyes. She tilted her head back a bit and her neck was exposed. My heartbeat picked up. But I didn't move.  

Then I looked down which was a big mistake. I was able to look right down her cream colored sweater. If she caught me looking there, any amount of trust I had gained would be gone. 

I allowed myself a second more. Her skin was soft and supple, and it disapeared into darkness right below where her white bra started.  

I felt something move....down there and I ripped my eyes away. Hopefully Jessie wouldn't notice. I looked back at her face. Her blonde bangs fell into her face and her cheeks were tinged slightly red. Seriously, how had I not noticed this girl until a few days ago. She was gorgeous. 

She opened her eyes and was a bit startled at my proximity but she then said calmly, "I'm scared for her, and I don't know what to do." Her voice broke at the end, and my heart hurt for her. I then realized that she was one of those girls who always had to have things in control. They always had to know and understand everything. But she didn't this time, and she was scared. 

I shook my head, "I don't know. But this is definitely bad judgement on Kaylee's part."

Here's my newest chapter. Please comment and vote. I know I'm talking to literally no one, but I will just consider this as practice for when I'm typing author's notes to bigger crowds. Peace. 

-BabeinBoyland