The End of Bad

IMPORTANT: I'm going to tell you now that if you don't like violence, then you better skip this chapter. I'll have a quick analysis at the bottom for you.

Shaun's P.O.V.

I watched Kaylee for the next couple of days and slowly picked out more and more bruises and cuts. Some days she didn't even come to school.

One night while I was at home my phone started to ring. I looked down and saw it was Kaylee's number. I dove for it and instantly picked up. "Hello?" I asked trying to keep my voice from cracking.

There was no answer but a soft whimpering. Then a loud noise, a scream, and yelling. The phone hung up on me and I looked down at it.

I flew to my feet and raced to my truck. I remembered Kaylee mentioning where Cody lived at one point or another.

As I drove I called the police. Once I was done I hung up, my hands shaking.

I pulled into the parking lot and saw Kaylee's little red car. Oh God.

Kaylee's P.O.V.

I shivered in the closet as I randomly hit a phone number and called. It was quiet for a moment before Cody hit the door outside.

I screamed and jumped and he started yelling at me.

He wasn't drunk this time. He had tried to rape me the second I came in and when I fought him off he started to hit, punch, and kick me. I crawled into this closet and locked the door.

Cody kicked right through the door and pulled it away. He grabbed my hair and dragged me out. He knelt down on my leg making me wince. "Have sex with me," he ordered sticking his face in mine. I shook my head and spat in his face, disgusted with the man I had once thought I loved. Slowly the pain in my leg increased, until finally, I felt something snap. I screamed as pain rushed through my body.

I curled up into a ball, my leg at an odd angle, as he continued to kick and hit me.

Let the pain stop I prayed. I thought it would never end. Then, suddenly, it did.

I slowly unwound myself from my ball and saw someone with curly hair beating up Cody. I looked at the floor and saw blood. With a sickening lurch of my stomach I realized it was partly mine, partly Cody's.

Then there were cops streaming in. They tried to pull the man off of Cody, but he refused to stop. I then realized that he would kill Cody if he didn't stop.

I dragged myself to him and grabbed the man's arm. "Shaun, please, stop," I whispered. I tugged on his arm and slowly brought it to me.

He tore his eyes away from Cody and looked at me. The murderous anger left his eyes and he pulled away, letting the cops attend to Cody. He knelt down next to me. "Oh God Kaylee. I'm so sorry," he murmured running his hand over my swollen face. I pressed my face into his hand, "It's not your fault. Thank you, thank you so much." Then the darkness that had been at the edge of my vision took over.

BLOODY PART OVER: The basic recap is that Cody hurt Kaylee really bad, Shaun saved her, and she has a broken leg.

Kaylee's P.O.V.

I don't know what exactly woke me up. My eyes just suddenly opened. Above me was a plaster ceiling. The air around me smelled of antiseptic and whatever was surrounding my body was very soft.

I looked over and saw three people sitting in chairs next to my bed, asleep.

Shaun's head leaned back against the wall. I looked at his nuckles and saw the bandaging from where he hit Cody.

Cameron was asleep, his head resting on top of Jessie's whose head was on his shoulder.

I shifted slightly and saw Shaun stir. His eyes blinked open and his face had a very sexy, sleepy look to it. "How you doing?" He asked, his voice husky and raspy.

I nodded and said, "Pretty good." Shaun looked at me for a moment, and then said quietly, "I thought you were going to die on me." I smiled and said, "I'm tougher than that."

He took my hand in his and came closer. "You scared the living shit out if me," he said pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and breathed him in. He smelled of axe. "I'm sorry."

Sorry this came a bit late. I had a fantabulous retreat this weekand. Anyways, the person who did comment didn't have any books for me to read, so my offer still stands!

-BabeinBoyland