The Player Fell in Love

Cory's P.O.V.

I sat next to my locker, bored, as I read over my notes. When was Eric getting here?

I heard a ripple of excited whispers and I looked up. I was momentarily stunned as I watched Eric walk down the hallway.

He was wearing a plain gray t-shirt that showed off his muscles nicely, and sky blue denim jeans to match his eyes. He wasn't wearing his glasses, and his hair was hanging in a sexy mess over his eyes. Hello hot Eric.

The girls were giggling to themselves as he walked, rather nervously, past. He walked right up in front of me, and as I gazed up at him my heart beat unnaturally fast. "H-hi Cory," he said nervously. Why the hell was he being nervous? He looked H-O-T.

I brought back my grin as I said, "Hey hot stuff. Sit down." He flushed red, but sat down. 

I scooted closer to him, liking the feel of his strong arm next to mine, and I said quietly in his ear, "All the girls are watching you. It's making me a tad bit jealous."

I licked his earlobe, then pulled away. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, but didn't move away as he grabbed my notes. "Are you ready?" he asked looking at me with his gorgeous blue eyes. I felt my heart skip again, but I calmly said, "Yeah. It shouldn't be too hard." He smiled and then looked down at the notes. I didn't know why, but my heart was beating fast.

With a sigh I finished the rest of my test. Thanks to Eric, I actually felt like I had passed. I looked up to find Mr. Matthews right in front of me. I jumped and asked quietly, "Yes?"

He just smiled at me as he asked, "Are you done?" I nodded and he bent down to look at it. I felt his free arm slide loosely around my shoulder and I froze. What. The. Hell.

He gave it a squeeze, and then pulled away saying, "Good job Cory." The bell rang and I leaped out of my desk. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the room, only sparing a glance behind me at Mr. Matthews. He was watching me go, and gave me a smile and wave.

I was so distracted by what happened, I didn't even notice where I was going until I walked into a hard chest. Hands rested on my arms, stabilizing me, and for one second, I flinched, thinking it was Mr. Matthews. I then turned and looked into the gorgeous face of Eric. I relaxed and welcomed his warm body against mine. "Hey, are you alright? You looked pretty freaked out for a second there?" Eric asked, taking my elbow and leading me over to a quieter corner. I took a deep breath, then plastered a smile on my face, saying happily, "Yeah, great. Just thinking."

His hands rested lightly on my arm as his clear blue eyes scanned my face, as though he didn't quite believe me. "Okay," he said, and changed the subject. "How did your math test go?" My fake grin was replaced by a real one as I cried, "I think I passed!" Eric grinned, "I'm glad to hear it." 

I pulled him into a hug, and he froze. I whispered in his ear, "Easy boy, it's just a hug." I felt his face turn red as his hands looped gently around my waist. His broad body felt warm against mine, and his natural spicy scent tickled my nose, making me want to bury my face in his neck and just stay there forever. He felt safe, but not in the way a big brother felt. Something more that I had never felt before.

After a second longer than necessary, I finally pulled away. I immediately missed the feel of him against me, so I grabbed his hand and began to pull him down the hallway to my locker. "You want to come over? Only Cameron is home."

I heard Eric murmur something like, "I don't think Cameron likes me much." I turned around and said, "My cousin is just overprotective about Jessie, who he swears he doesn't like, but he so obviously does. Don't worry, I'll make sure he leaves you alone." I heard Eric laugh, and then he was next to me. "Yeah, it's been pretty obvious for weeks that she has him wrapped around her finger," Eric said, chuckling. I liked the sound. It was deeper than you would have expected, and manlier.