Encounters

Jessie's P.O.V.

I was walking through the hallways after volleyball practice. I had left my book in the math room and I had to grab it before I left.

I slid into the room and walked over to opposite wall. As I grabbed my book I looked out the window. October was turning into November and fall and Halloween were coming up quickly.

I leaned my forehead against the cold glass, cooling myself after the volleyball practice.

Suddenly, a voice very near to my ear whispered, "Looks like you've been having some fun."

I jumped and turned around to find myself looking at Cameron. His hands were on either side of me on the counter and I carefully placed my hand on his chest, making him back up.

With a defeated look in his eyes, he moved back, giving me a bit more space. 

"Yeah," I said. "I was at volleyball practice." I tucked a stray piece of hair back and he watched me. He nodded and then looked at me for a moment, his eyes simply taking me in. "Are you doing okay?" he asked, his face serious for once, and I knew instantly what he was talking about.

Flashes of what happened at the hospital returned to me and cringed at the memory of how weak I had been. Not daring to meet his eyes, I looked over towards the teachers desk and muttered, "Yeah, sorry about that."

"Why are you sorry?"

I looked up at him, and his eyes looked honest. Blushing, I crossed my arms and mumbled, "You know. The whole crying on you thing and freaking out." I kind smile lighted across his chiseled out face, softening it and he laughed saying, "I would've acted the exact same way in your position."

I blushed even harder and mumbled out, "Well, thank you."

“Feel free to cry on me whenever you want,” he joked and I quickly slapped his chest. I looked up and met his smiling brown eyes, making it hard for me to not shyly smile back.

He took a step even closer and I froze up as his hand lightly grabbed my ponytail. He twisted it between his fingers as he looked my face over and his dropped down so it was close to mine. So close, that his warm breath washed over my lips making them tingle. I felt my body unconsciously leaning forward into his.

He was going to kiss me, I could see it as his face inched closer to mine. And I was going to let him.

I left my eyes wide open as he moved even closer, and just as his lips were about to touch mine, there was the sound of footsteps outside the door.

Within seconds, we were on opposite of the room, trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. When the teacher came in, I quickly told him that I was just grabbing my book before rushing out.

Cameron had tried to follow suit, but the teacher called him back to talk to him about a bad test grade. I sent up a silent thank you to the teacher, before disappearing around the corner.

                                                             Cameron's P.O.V.

After I escaped the math room I ran off in search of Jessie. The feeling of her lips just centimeters was still burned into my mind and I needed to release myself of that feeling.

It itched at me in an oddly wonderful feeling, but I couldn’t help but feel scared of it. I didn’t want to feel that way. I didn’t want to feel that power it enraptured me with.

I collided with something, and thinking it was Jessie, I grabbed the girl and pressed my lips to hers.

About a minute later, I pulled away and found myself looking at the girl. It wasn’t Jessie.

But I found myself losing control as she asked me if I wanted to go back to her place. I nodded.