Homecoming

Holy Donkey Gonads! I have over 5,500 reads, 200 votes, and 91 comments! You guys absolutely astounded me! I don't think I've EVER had an influx that big! Thank you soooo much, all of you! You have no idea how much I truly appreciate it. And I'm not just saying that, I really do mean it. I came to this website, just looking for a place to put my stories, and I thought maybe at the VERY MOST I would have 70 reads. This has blown me away, and I have no one to thank but you. I have to keep wondering if this is real. I'm not really talented at a lot of things, I'm kind of a lovable, happy nerd who just has a variety of friends because I stay out of drama, my best friend is actually a big jock. I'm so jealous of her athletic abilities :p.

But you guys make me so amazingly loved and proud of what I do, I just wish that I could personally hug each of you! I love giving hugs! So keep doing what you're doing and being awesome! I know I'm not in the top reads for the different sections, but I'm really happy with this and am perfectly happy with it.

One of the people who has taken part in all of the above(including being awesome) is @143Nutellaaa143 and I would like to dedicate this chapter to her. She has commented a bunch on this story and my other ones too and I really appreciate her. There are sooo many other people I have to dedicate chapters too, and don't worry, I'll get to you. Love all of you! <3

                                                     Kaylee's P.O.V.

I slid in the last black hoop earring and looked myself over in the mirror. My hair was up in a shiny braid bun and I had added black eyeliner and a neutral brown to my eyes, along with mascara. The doctor had finally let me take my boot off, as long as I promised to wear a brace around my ankle. Not my ideal version of Homecoming, but it would work.

I slid on my shoes, grabbed my bag and headed out to my car. I was picking up Jessie, and I would then meet Shaun at the dance. I hopped into the car and turned on the radio, listening to it as I drove through the well swept streets.

I arrived in front of Jessie's apartment just as the sun was almost sinking out of sight, casting long shadows over the ground. One by one, the streetlights started to flicker on and I could see a group of guys smoking on the porch in a group a few houses down.

Soon enough, Jessie came out of the apartment looking stunning in her very own, handmade dress. I unlocked the car and she hopped in, buckled up, and we drove towards school. 

I looked over at her and said, "You did a fantastic job Jess." She beamed at me and said, "Thanks Kay, you don't look half bad yourself." I laughed as we pulled into the parking lot of the school. Soon enough, my car was parked and we were walking towards the front doors, me limping slightly.

We went through the front, showed the teachers in charge our school I.D.s and made our way down the hallway to the gigantic gym. We stood in the doorway, looking on in awe. The homecoming committee had done a FANTASTIC job. Streamers hung in a curling mass along the high ceiling in colors of blue, green, and purple. At the opposite end was the DJ, his stage in a similar state of colors. Glitter floated through the air and covered the floors as people danced. Lights danced along the students, every once in a while flashing on a bright colored dress or shirt. 

"This place looks amazing!" Jessie breathed, her blue eyes wide and gleaming in the light. I nodded in agreement as I spotted the curly hair of Shaun. "I have to go. Shaun is over there," I told her. "Will you be alright?"

She nodded and said, "Yeah, I should probably find Cameron anyways." I smiled at her and said, "Have fun, save a dance for me." She laughed and winked saying, "Of course."

I gave her a hug and limped my way over to Shaun's curly topped head. He was facing the opposite way, talking to a group of his friends. But I could recognize his broad shoulders, unexpected straight posture, and curly hair that I had grown to love, just about anywhere. I tapped his arm lightly, not wanting to startle him or embarrass him in front of his friends. He turned to face me, and instantly his face split into a wide grin. He looked devastatingly handsome in khakis and a plain white button up with a tie. He surprised me by saying goodbye to his friends, and then grabbed my elbow, gently leading me out to the floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we gently swayed to the music. "I didn't see you today," I said looking up slightly into his light blue eyes. He grinned and said, "I was at Cameron's and I wanted to be surprised." I smiled back at him as he pulled me closer.