Here Comes Cory

Jessie's P.O.V.

"He asked you to Homecoming? That's so sweet! What did you say?" Kaylee asked, wide-eyed as she swallowed a handful of nuts. "Well, I didn't really get a chance to answer..."I said breaking off and not looking at Kaylee. "What! You idiot!" Kaylee shrieked. "I'm sorry," I wailed trying to avoid the pillow she was attempting to hit me with. "He's one of the hottest guys in the school!" she cried. Before I could reply the door to her room flew open. "You aren't talking about me by chance are you?" Shaun asked with a smirk as he stuck his head in the room.

"Go away you! I'm having my girl time!" Kaylee cried throwing the pillow at the door, but she was grinning and her cheeks were pink. Shaun caught the pillow the winked at her. She stuck her tongue out at him and he left, taking the pillow with him.

"Anyways," Kaylee said turning back to me, "When are you two going to go out." I rolled my eyes and said, "Not all of us can make bad boys go good like you can Kay." Kaylee blushed slightly but said anyways, "Whatever, you two are so obviously perfect for each other. He totally likes you!"

At this my face heated up, "No he doesn't. He's my friend, that's all he thinks of me as. He's just a big flirt." Kaylee gave me her, "What-an-idiot look," but didn't say anything more. Then suddenly she perked up, "Did you get the solo?" I shrugged and said, "Yeah."

She snickered and said, "Was right?" I sighed, "You were."

"And who was wrong."

"..."

"Well......?"

Another sigh, "Me." Kaylee giggled like a demented two-year-old and poked my nose saying, "I told you so!" I blushed and slapped her hand away. I picked up a silver sharpie and looked at her cast asking, "Are there any free spots for me to doodle?" Her cast was completely covered in signatures. Almost everyone in the school had signed it, even the teachers. I had somehow managed to talk Eric Benson into signing it. He really didn't have any friends, and rarely talked to anyone. He was the new kid, and a bit of a nerd. He wore big, baggy clothing and classes that amplified his eyes so he looked a bit crazy. He had nice hair, but most people avoided him. Personally, I thought he was lovely. I talked to him whenever I got a chance, and he was really, very nice. His neat signature was in a straight line on Kaylee's ankle.

Kaylee examined her leg carefully and said, "I don't know, I think you got the few spaces the were open."

I nodded then began to doodle on a scratch piece of paper from my History notebook. Everything seemed just perfect right now.

                                                          Cameron's P.O.V.

I set my lunch down next to Jessie. She looked over, slightly surprised, but smiled anyways. Shaun was already sitting next to Kaylee as she tried to explain math to him. He was doing a bad job of paying attention because he kept stealing food off of her tray and playing with her hair. I snorted at the sight and turned to Jessie. She was eating her food as she looked over her Science notes which were propped up against her milk carton. 

"You willing to take me up on my offer yet?" I whispered in her ear. She jumped and I smirked. "What's that?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "To go to Homecoming with me," I said smirking still. She looked thoughtful for a moment then said, "I don't know. Are you sure you want to? You would be giving up a homecoming King spot, and I'm a horrible dancer."

I laughed and said, "I don't want to wear that dumb crown anyways. Plus, I'm a good enough dancer for the both of us." She slowly nodded, then said, "Okay, I'll go with you. But only if you promise to at least where a dress shirt." I nodded my head and she turned back to her notes.