Chapter 15

That day she was really happy atleast she had some progress in her one-sided luv stry. Getting back to her room Geetu saw her smiling and she knew the reason cause Tara had shared about her craziness for Karan with her. Tara havent ever told anyone about it at offce but due to her actions, Swati, had understood.But she never cofrented her, only use to tease her.

Although whenevr she use to talk to Mira, many times she wanted to tell her about KAran, but she did not wanted to hurt her unintentionally. Tara once again started working on the real motive, she tried talking to Rahil. He was really happy to know about Mira's freedom from a bad marriage but he told Tara to somehow fix a meeting btwn them. Tara promised him, she would.

On the other hand, Tara got few proposals from nice guys but she rejected them all. But she knew she needs to take the frst step in her case as Karan was least interested.

One day, on saturday, although it was off for employees, Tara went to office for somework. She was doing her work as she wanted to finish it quickly and go back and sleep at her room. Suddenly, something shociking happened. Karan came on her desk and askd,

"Tara? u working today overtime?"

She just looked at him , amazed and replied, "ys sir, i had few pendhing work to do, just half n hour more n my work will b complete."

"Oh ok, o it, then if you dont mind, we can have lunch together, here at office or if you want, we can go out."

She couldnt beilev on her ears, she nodded and replied,"At office itself." He smiled and went back.

She was still shocked but she took deep breathes to prepae herself for her frst dream date (Umm well..!! dey both were havng lunch so isnt that called a date?? )

After half an hour, as she completed her work, she stood and moved towards his cabin. She walked in and knocked lightly.

"Come in Tara" he said.

She blushed hearing her name in his voice. she went in and he asked her to sit.

Soon he came and sat opposite to herand bought out a lunch box .

"Sorry, no plates etc, peon isnt dere no."He said lil embarrased.

"no problm" she laughed. They both started haing Biryani, from dffrnt lunch boxes.

They were casually looking at each other and discudding about weathe and she told him she belongs to Jammu, "Wooow< really? i love that place, i once went there.." Saying that suddenly he became sad.

Tara tried to change the topic, seeing him sad , although she couldnt understnad the reason but she tried to change the topic , "Sir Biryani is amazing, i am full, after a long time m feeling happy and contended." he smiled again.

After the lunch, Suddenly, Karan got a call and he excused himself. Tara smiled and he left to the other corner of the cabin. Tara collected both the lunch boxes and took them towards the washbasin on the separte side,and washed them carefully. 'at her home, she didn't use to work at all, not even entr kitchn n washing dishes was wat she hated most but here, she loved doing it, coz she was doing it for  him.' Love is strange it makes u do silly thngs!!

She came back and kept them on the other table, at the same time, Karan returned too and he shouted, "Heyyy wat are you doing.???" she got lil upset with the way he shouted then he said "U are not suppose to do this Tara, i would hav taken them untidy, maid at home would hv done it. Dont embarass me, i luv ur nature but dis is not at all wat u shud be doing."

She smiled back, "No sir, its fine, i would hav done the same with my luchbox ryt? (NO!!) Anyways thank you so much sir for a lovley lunch."

"Oh please it was nothing, I am so bored of eating alone, so today wen i found u, i was happy. " He said.

"But i am dere daily" suddenly Tara spoke out, unknowingly.

"Yea u r, i mean, u knw ppl here, they will talk about u n i wont like that." He said and looked away.

'He cares about me' she thot and a huge smile lit her face. "Sir its ok, i was joking, no worries." She said.

"Hmm, so are you done with your work?"

"Yes i am, just leaving." she answered but her mind was thinking, 'plz stop me i dnt wanna go, i wanna spnd more time wid u.'

" oh so going back?" he questioned in a heavy voice,

"yea..."

"If u dun mind i can drop u." he asked looking at her, to read her reaction.

'who da hell wud mind' she thot, "yes sir, no problem." she said with a smile. He nodded and they both walked off his cabin.

She was scolding herself for being desperate but couldnt help it, aftrall, hw cud she miss the opportunity of sitting  next to him in his car. After getting seated he asked her where to drop her and she told him the way to her hostel, they drove in silnce for a minute 0r 2. She break the ice by asking him, "Sir, i had some work, but you came to office for? i mean does office opens evry saturday or there was some reason this time?"

"No, i live alone here, have nothing to do much, so usually i visit for few hours on saturday and sunday, make up few plans, fix up things with clients etc. And i will b coming tommorw too." he said while driivng on the busy road carefully.

"Oh.. ok. Dedicated person u are. " She said in a low voice.

"Naaah..! just hv nothing to do excpt for wrk. By the way, i wont mind sum1 accompanying me on lunch tommorow." He said, as the car halted. Tara got lil shocked with the sudden halt and at wat he said. She looked outside the window and recognised it quickly, it was her hostel building, they hv reached. for the first time she hated the small distnc btween her workplc n hstel and it took that much tym only bcz KAran drove by main road, not on the lanes she used as shortcuts.

"thank you" she said getting down the car "I hope sum1 accompanies you" she said and he had a huge smile on his face, yes dose dimples occured once again. She lost her heart once again on that smile.Somehow controlling herself, she bid him gooodbye and they both moved towards their destinations.

"Taraaa... u said its just an hour's work and u are returning after 2-3 hours. dont tell me u hav truend workoholic." Geetu said as she saw her entering the room.

She didnt replied her, just smiled. After changing into comfi-clothes, she came and lay down on the bed quietly with eyes wide open.

"arent u sleepy? Wat has happened to u? turned into a superwomn or wat? Geetu teased her.

Tara threw her pillow on her  and dreamingly replied "yea luv mkes evry human a super human."

"Ohhh luv...??? dont tell me u met Karan today. Did u two talk?Tell me evrything nooo.,..." geetu came and sat beside her.

Tara initially blushed, but then she told her about wahtvr happnd, about hw happy she had been having lunch with him, having actually talkng to hm.!

Tara kept talking about him alot. In the evening, she then went to shopping with Geetu to buy a new dress for the next day's lunch date and also to clbrte her frst dream date.

They got back quite late and tired and straight went off to sleep.

"Taara.. Tara wake up" Geetu's frantic voice bought Tara out of her dreams into world of reality. "hmmm... wats wrng.." she said making a face.

"Do u know the time...??? sht...!!!! its 2 o clock ... u had to go at around 1 no??" Geetu said in panick.

"ooooooooooo crap.." she said waking up and looking at her cell for the time. "Shit shit shit..!!!" she shouted and went off to get ready.

It was for the frst time she took such less time to get ready, she didnt cared about her looks, all she cared was to meet him. Within few minutes, she came down the hostel and looked for an auto, she didnt wanted to waste a single minute. In next 5 minutes she was in frnt of her office, she over-paid the auto and nearly ran inside the office campus. All her excitment fainted when she saw, there was no car parked in the parking. "he must hve gone, what he would be thinking about me..!" she mumbled and a stream of tear flow down her cheeks. She didnt care to wipe them and sat on the stairs for a while-feeling lost and defeated.