Chapter 2

Tara use to be upset those days as she really wanted to do something for her di but she had no idea how can she make Mira happy. Mira on the other hand, was trying her best to involve herself with the marriage preparations. Akshat use to call her daily once, to ask her how she was and other things but she use to just pretend and talk as if she was very happy. Akshat had met Mira recently, he could not differ it out that she wasnt actually happy but pretending to be. There were chaos in the house all over because of the arrangements of marriage.

One day, nobody was at home except Mira and her mother. Mira was busy trying a recipe and her mother was cleaning Tara and Mira's room as she wanted to pack up Mira's clothes and some other things she would require in her new house. She suddenly found a box in Mira's cupboard and  opened it out of curiousity. She was shocked as there was a snap of Mira with a boy, an old and dried rose and a letter. She opened that letter and started reading it. As she finished it she straight went towards kitchen and shouted,

"Miraa..!! Who is Rahil?"

Hearing Rahil's name from her mother's mouth, Mira got numb with fear. She could not speak anything. Her mother came to her and asked once again, she looke at her and saw her mother was holding a letter. Seeing it, Mira understood everything, that letter was written by Rahil explaining how much he miss her and love her. He gave her that letter, a rose and that picture of them together when they met once after being commited to each other. Mira knew her mother had seen it all, there was no point hiding anything.

With tears rolling down her eyes, she told evrything to her mother.Her mother was listening to all that and was speechless, she never expected any such thing from her kids and not especially from Mira, she was the wisest of them all. Her mother did not said anything, Mira kept on crying, "Mummaa, i am sorry, but believe me, i have no contact with him anymore, i will marry Akshat only and will be a good wife. You will never ever hear any complaint about me, i promise Ma, i am sorry, please dont tell it to Jai and papa they will be really angry."

Her mother just did not speak anything, she was stunned and was not in state to talk. Mira was crying bitterly, after few minutes, her mother looked at her, kept her hand on her shoulder and said, "Its ok.What has happened cannot be changed but now you will be someone's wife, forget about him. I know you will not let us down, close this chapter here only, never bring this up ok?"

Mira stared back at her, she couldnt believe her mother forgave her. She nodded, "I will never talk to him mumma."

Her mother tore apart the letter and threw it, "Go out in the living room, the box is kept there, throw that away too and tore that photograph also." She commanded Mira.

Mira nodded and quickly came out, her tears were still flowing, she picked up the box and went towards the main door. As she opened the door, Jai was standing, she got horrified seeing him and tried to hide the box behind her. Jai got suspicious looking at her , he saw her eyes were swollen and there were marks of tears on her face, he knew something was wrong. And he did what he wasnt supposed to do, he snatched the box from her and opened it.His eyes grew in anger as he saw the photograph, he stared back at Mira, she was looking down.She was unsure what would happen next and was preparing herslef for the storm of questions Jai would ask her. Suddenly, something hit her cheeks with warmness, she couldnt understand what happened and she got another slap on the other cheek, Jai slapped her hard on both her cheeks. She expected many things but this was beyong her expectation, Jai was younger to her and he never in her wildest dreams thought he could do this to her. Jai was about to hit her again, but their mother stopped him, She hold Jai's hand and pushed him , took the photograph from his hand , tore it and threw it away.

Hot tears were flowing down Mira's cheeks, if her mother or father would have slapped her, she could have bear that but Jai? And that too without knowing anything? She turned away and ran towards her room without looking towards anyone.She locked her room and fell on her bed, tears flooded from her eyes.She could hear Jai shouting and abusing her, fighting with their mother for giving freedom to her, more tears flow down.

Starnge isnt it? Mira was getting punished by the family , the same family, for whom she sacrificed her love, her dreams.