Chapter 3

As Tara came back from her college, she noticed the strange silence in the atmosphere. She sensed something was wrong, as Mumma did not asked her what she would like to eat, Jai wasnt watching TV, he in fact was in his room with the door shut, that never happens. 'Strange' she thought. As she reached her room, she saw Mira lying on the bed, with red swollen eyes and the expressions of defeat on her face. Tara rushed to her and asked her many questions, she didnt answered any. Tara rushed back to her mother and asked her what happened, her mother did not tell her, may be the fear that she too may cross her boundary seeing her elder sister doing it. She went back to Mira and this time she cried, "Say something di, i cant bear all this, nobody is teeling me, speak up please, this silence is killing me...!!" And seeing her cry, Mira got up and held her, she cried for long and explaining her what happened in afternoon, between her sobs.

Hearing what happened, Tara had lot of anger for Jai. "How could he do it di, he is youger to you. Mumma papa are there to tell us what is wrong and right, who is he to do that?"

"Let it be Tara, when things go wrong, destiny makes u go through the worst phase of life. I am still waiting for another storm to come, What will happen if papa will be informed about it?" She said hiding her nervousness, pain and fear.

Tara too got worried thinking it, then she said, "Dont worry di, i know mumma will not tell it to Papa and about Jai, wait let me talk to him." She said getting up.

"No, dont, i dont want his sympathies, let him do what makes him happy, i am ready to face anythingthat comed now." Mira said in angry tone.

"Di, i promise, i will manage it somehow, just let me do it once, please hmm. and you get up, wash your face, come down and gimme something to eat naa..! i am so hungry, nobody asked me to eat today." She said making a face, it was her attempt to make things normal.It worked.

As Mira heard that Tara was hungry, she forgot everything and just got up. Tara too left her room and went to Jai's room.

"Bhai i wanted to talk." she said as she entered without knocking, she found him talking to someone and he suddenly went pale seeing Tara and shouted, "Cant you knock?"

Tara felt bit awkward about it , he had never reacted this way, but she had no idea what he was up to. She than sat near him and whispered, "You shouldn't have dont that."

He looked at her, "What?"

"You dont know what i am talking about?" Tara said looking into his eyes, he coul not bear her stares and looked away.

"She crossed her limits, she is a girl, our pride, and she is doing such cheap things?" he argued.

"Really? and you didnt crossed your limit? Jai bhai u have so many friends, and many of them are females, you roam around with them, party, study together, so any of us said anything to u? Those girls arent pride of their houses? Arent u doingg cheap thing?" She said looking at him, he got angry hearing this, "Just go away from here, and be in ur limits Tara...!! u r younger to me, and you are asking me questions? you are saying such things to me? who gave u this ryt?? just go away before i slap you..!!!" he shouted.

"Dat is what i wanted to tell you, you r younger to her and not supposed to behave in such a way with her..! and slap me? what else you can do than that..!! i am leaving and dont talk to me bcozu dont desrve it, and for your very kind information, the pic u saw, i mean di with a guy, that guy was just a friend , her only friend..! Use ur brains, and think , have u ever seen di going out of house? going anywhere else instead of her college? you even saw any friend of her visitng our home? Nooo...! and that is bcoz she never had some friend, she had just one friend and it was him,,, what is so wrong about it? IF mumma didnt found anything wrong about it who are you? who gave you bloody rights to slap her damn..!!!  And if you arent satisfied still than when papa comes in evening go and tell him too, he too will slap her... just do it and be happy ...!!! i am ashamed i am your sister." Saying that she left and closed the door behind her with a bang.

Her words kept echoing in Jai's mind, he realised he was wrong but he didnt had the courage to even face Mira, he didnt came out of the room.

Tara came out and sat with her mother, she kept her head on her shoulder and whispered, "Dont tell it to papa maa, please, she is already hurt, she needs our support this time. Please ma."

Her mother patted her, " I wont, i know my daughters, go and cheer up Mira or your papa will realise something is wrong ok?" she hugged her mumma, and Mira too came with a tray in her hands.

"Eat it, and ma i made some tea for you." She said kkeeping down the tray.

Her mother stood up and hugged her, Tara too joined them, they all had teary eyes. "I love you and i am proud of u beta." she said and kissed Mira's forehead.

These 10 words from her mom filled her wid tons of joy and postivity.

"Haaaaww mumma, dont you luv me???" Tara shouted "Yes we all love u " they said and smiled.

Sometimes all we need is just a hug and our loved one's faith in us to fight through toughest situations.