Chapter 24

Nxt morning, Tara walked to her mom and collecting all her courage she finally told her evrything. Her mom knew it all and also, After Tara returned back to her room Mira had already infrmed her parents. Tara was keeping her fingers cross n she got the reply she didnt expcted t all, "Call his prnts, get engaged on the day of Jai's marriage" "Watt? i mean whaat?? u hav no issues wid his past  maa,, i mena u serious?? n jai bhai's wedding? that is tmrrw but.. papa maan jaynge/" she shouted baffled, "Papa maan gaye hn" came Mira's voice frm behind and she came wid her father, he kept her hand on Tara's forehead, "God bless u, he is a very nice boy. We knew evrything, Mira told us. Tara turned to Mira and hugged her hard, "Thank u di thank u.."  "Go n tell him too, tension me btha h bechara.." Mira whisprd, she looked at her and smiled. Tara came rushing to Karan and told her evrything, they both held each othr in happiness for long.

Thngs again chnged drasticlly within few momnts.. Soon Karan called up his parents, and Riya's parents too, on Tara's request. They arrived by evening, the elderly people discussed lot of things and Tara was really happy to gt accpetance from Karan's family as a daughter in law n Riya's family as their another daughter. Tara was crazy, she wanted to tell the world about it but Karan asked her not to tell anybody at office as they will suprise dem, she agreed. Mira was really happy for Tara but Tara's heart was craving for her happiness too, she wanted her Di to be happy in life too. She wnated to do smthng, Karan noticed her anxiousness and wen she told him, he pormised her, "I swear if i had an elder brother, i wud have married di to him, but,we wll do smthng, i pormise, i wont let her live her life alone." and she smiled at it. Karan had actually a dffrnt kind of bond wid Mira, he respcted her alot as he himself didnt have any brother sister, he was happy to found a sister in her. He genuinely wanted to do something for her.

The day passed and almost evrything was settled up well. Next Day Tara woke up wid a huge smile on her face. Ofcourse it was da day her dream was officialy gtng true, she wud b engaged to man of her dreams. Whole day families were busy in preparations as engagemnt was a sudden affair. Both the familes even set out for buying rings, together. Quickly they came back as in nxt few hours, it was Jai's wedding too. Evrything was cntrolled well by Jai Mira Tara and Karan , they were helping each other with all the preparations. Mira took Tara wid her to make her ready, she wore a beautiful Sarre for that day, she was looking just amazing. After she got ready, she forced Mira too to do light makeup and she too look pretty. Soon they were informed the 'nikraosi' took place. Tara was not taking part in these ceremonies, she was driven to the banquet hall already.  Soon Jai andthe Baraat reached the hall and were welcmed by Surabhi's family. The celebrations held with great enthusiasm and zest. After a while Tara and Karan were called on stage for the engagement ceremony, 'All da best' Mira whispred in her ears. She just smiled in reply. Karan was looking at her with wide mouth open, Mira and Jai teased him, he blushed. It was all such a fun , evrything went too well. Karan was attracting evry person with his amazing personality. Finally after their engaemnt, The dinner was announced. The three familes and two new couples were sat toghtr at table for having dinner. Suddenly an old aunty said, "Bas sab thk ho gaya ab to Mira ki or shadi ho jaye to sab zimeedariya poori" there was a sudden silnce on the table that tym. Unknowingly or knowingly, this cmmnt hurted Mira alot. May be she had forgt abt her pain in this clbraions for a while but that cmmnt brought it back but she didnt wanted to ruin the day , infact the best days in her sinling life so she smiled instead and said to others, "Cmon, Aunty, khana khao aap, and all of u too, quickly, lets have food, try this Karan, u will like this Kashmiri Pulao." And evryone, got back to normal, But Tara looked at Karan wid pain in her eyes, he understood what she menat, he held her hand, and his eyes spoke as if they were saying 'trust me'.

All went well, evryone was happy, nobdy had any compalints with the arrngemnt,the food etc. It was time for the vidaai. Surabhi was crying, meeting her family, seeing her crying Tara, Mira and their mother started crying too, Jai joked seeing them all, "Hey,why r u all crying? just bcz she is cmng to our home? Haaw surabhi see we wont b taking u home, my mumma n sisters are crying," Mira hit her, "Shut up..!" and evryone giggled. "We r crying thinking in few more days, Tara too will go with Karan. "Oh" Saying that, this time Jai too got upset. Well it all ended on a happy note and they all took cars to drive back home.

Karan and Tara's family had a detailed discussion about the wedding, to decide dates etc but Karan wasnt liking it. He walked to Terrace and asked Tara to come there. She wnt there thinking Karan was mising her , she was blushing but as she saw him, he was lil tensed, her smile fade away.

"Whts wrng?" she asked.

"Umm nthng,,, plz, dont take me wrong dear, i just wanna say, i dont want huge celbrations or smthng. Can v marry simply? a court marriage just? plz?" He asked nervously.

Tara felt bad, very bad, she knew why he was saying it, may be bcz it was his scnd wedding and he didnt wanted to hurt Riya's family but wat abt her? her partns have dreams for hr wedding too ryt. But she didnt wanted to fight over mere issuses, she just replied, "I dont know, let the familes decide wat is good for us."  Karan had expcted her to understnd him, but Tara's reply frowned him. "Hmm" he nodded, "LEts go" saying he left. Tara kept looking at him, her anger turned to sadness, 'will this happen for the rest of my life? will i need to compromise for my dreams just bcz it will hurt Riya? Karan needs to understand, i too have my dreams, wen m nt hurting Riya n neither m i replacing her, why is he huritng me wd such cold behaviour' all these thots clogged her mind. With heavy steps , she retuned to her room.

By the evening, Karan was returning back wd his famly and a conclusion was made that it wont b a very grand wedding but a simple one, and that too soon, just after Karan's grandama return back from her pilgrimage. Date wasnt fixed yet but it was to happen the next month. Although Tara's family asked for more time in preparations but Karan's famil insisted in doing it by next mnth. Karan's eyes were searching Tara, he wanted to see her nefore gong away but she didnt came out to bid him goodbye. With a aheavy heart, he retunred back. They didnt had a fight but there was smthng wrng btwn both of them, Mira too understood this. But she couldnt think about it much coz after Karan and his family left, she got busy welcomng her Bhabhi, Surabhi with new rituals etc.

Luv-- nobdy cn undrstnd i cmplty :)