Chapter 6

Seeing Mira, Rahil stood from his chair. Mira couldnt walk further, she felt numb, she was scared to face Rahil she turned back to leave, Tara hold her hand,

"Di, meet him one last time please. He had come here all the way to just meet you once." Tara tried to stop her.'

"What? You knew about it? Tara grow up..! u have any idea what would happen if anyone see us? Lets leave." Mira tried to argue but the point was, she herself was very nervous, she ws dying to talk to Rahil but was scared to face him, to meet his eyes, she had broken all her promises, she had no right to it, and now no guts to face him.

Tara knew her sister,and understood her fears too but she wanted to gift her this last meeting with the love of her life, before marrying the wish of her parents. She held her from her waist, and took her to the table where Rahil was standing.

Mira could not meet his eyes, she continued to stare the floor. Rahil spoke in a wobbled voice, "Mira, sit." She sat immediately, but still did not looked at him. Tara also took her seat next to Mira's. She could not understood whether she should leave them alone or stay.

"Mira, look at me please. I am not angry with younow, we knew it from day one right? I Know you are feeling bad, i too was angry from you, u should have atleast tried once to talk to me, explain me evrything ryt? I wanted nothing but a chance to try, we together could have walked to your parents and told them, and whatever their answer would be, accpeted it right? Atleast doing so we would  not have felt any regrets that we didnt do nything to save our love.but now, i had convinced my heart, i am fine with it and just wanted to meet you once to tell you, i am not angry." He said calmly and kept his hand on hers, she quickly removed away her hand and stared at him. Tara felt Mira is uneasy bcoz of her presence, she stood up saying, "You ppl talk, i will just be back, ordering something to eat." and she excused herself.

As they were left alone, Rahil whispered, "I love you, i will always do, promise me, you will never forget me? Promise me, you will talk to me sometimes? Please promise me." He streched out his hand, she kept on staring at him and bursted out crying, " I am so sorry Rahil, i broke our promise, cheated our dreams, but i could not do anything, it all happened so quickly, and even Mumma and Jai knew about it, i was punished, but i knw its nothing, i desrve more punishment, punish me Rahil as much you want." She said sobbing loudly, he held her hand, "Calm down, people are staring, it could be problamatic for you." He said pressing her hand, she realised, and composed her self quickly but tears are very stuborn, they continued to flow, she kept wiping them again and again.

"I am not here to punish you, what is left? both of our lives are nothing but punishment. I always knew it was impossible for us to have a future together but i never knew it would hurt this much. Promise me one thing, we will stay in touch. you can atleast do this for me? for your Rahil? " He asked again. She nodded in agreement, she held his hand and kissed it.

"Dont do this, dont make it hard for me Mira, please, i am acting very strong, but i am crushed, shattered, dont do this or i will never let you go away from me, no matter what." He said looking in her eyes, deeply. She kept on holding his hand and her tears continued to flow over and over, " You also promise me something Rahil, you will never hurt yourself and never do anything that breaks my trust on you, no smoking, no drinking nothing." She said wid pain in her voice.

"Ok, so you are leaving me, and then you are taking with you all my happiness and now you want to take away my rights of being a devdas for you, for missing you? Great" he said with a sarcastic laughter.

"You can drink and forget your pain, what should i do> tell me?" She asked, hurted from his laughter.

Rahil was trying to handle it very calmly, but he was a human too, he was hurt, badly hurt, its not easy to break-up with sum1 u luv so much an who luvs u back, it ws killing him but he knew nothing could change her decision. He took a deep breathe and finally promised her. Tara came back with 3 cold coffees, seeing her, Mira withdrew her hand from Rahil's.

"Di finish the coffee and lets leave soon, mumma called me just now." Tara said, handing her the glass.

After finishing up the coffee in few minutes, Tara stood to leave, Mira and Rahil were looking at each other, Tara felt terrible for both of them, she could see the ppain of separation on their faces, she wanted to help the two of them but had no idea how she could do it. she did not wanted to but she had to interrupt, it was getting late, "Di, lets go." She said, Mira nodded at her, and stood, Raahil stood too, "Take care" Rahil said.

"You too, and find a good girl for urself, get settled, ur mumma will be happy." Mira somewhow uttered these words.

Rahil Looked at her in anger, he wanted to say something but stopped himself, he just replied, " I cannot keep others happy if i m not happy, i dont need anyone, best wishes, have a happy married life."

She could not reply to what he said, the reality hit her bad, she walked away as quickly as she could, Rahil stood there, crying, he coered his face with both his hands, to lessen the sound of his cries and not to create any scene, but he was dying inside, his heart wanted to run behind her hold her and take her away but his matured mind did not allowed him to do it.

On the otherhand, Mira was trying her best to control her tears, they kept on appearing agan and again, just before entering their house, Tara said, "Di i am sorry, i didnt wanted to make you cry."

he hugged her tightly and whispered in her ears, "Thank you, thank you for this last meeting, i will never forget this, i love you, only you understnd my heart."