Chapter 9

Mira somehow tried to act normal, got ready and went to the function with her mother-in-law. When she was back, she went to her room and started packing up her stuff. As she opened her cupboard, a huge teddy bear fell on her, she held it, it was a really bid teddy bear with a heart in its hand saying "love you". She kept it aside on the bed, she went to cupborad again and found a huge card laying there, it read "Sorry", she looked at both the things in suprise. Suddenly Akshat came from behind and hugged her, "I am sorry" he whispered. "I am such a fool, how could i hit my wife? You can also hit me, i desrve dis, c'mon do it," he said holding her hand and forcing it to slap him. She controlled it, turned towards her, with tears in her eyes. Akshat hugged her tightly and started to sob, : I am sorry, dont cryplease, i cant see tears in your eyes."  Mira melted, she forgave him.

But this turned out to be her first and biggest mistake. He strted to take her for granted, many times, he would hurt her, abuse her and then apologise like that and she would forgive.It felt as if she was living with two different men, one who loves her and cares for her (Akshat in normal moods) one who abuses her, hits her (Akshat in bad mood)  Although things were going fine between them both but Mira felt suffocating. One day, when it was hard for her to bear, she called  Tara and told her evrything.  Tara felt shocked hearing it. She use to thank God that Akshat was a nice person for her di but hearing all that, she couldnt belive he was treating Mira so badly. Although Mira felt bit better after sharing it with Tara but Tara was feeling so helpless. "Di i think you shud tell mumma abt it." she said.
"No Tara, i knw she will say one words ADJUST. And i m doing it since long time, well let it b, you tell me hw are you n others?" Mira tried to converse normally.
"Evrything is fine di, u take care of urs and do come home soon, i will b waiting for you."
"Hmm ok, study well. tc."

Tara use to be very worried about her Di, her performance in studies and other cultural actuvutes at college decreased drastically. She use to be silent mostly, all she was thinking about was how to make Mira happy. Things were going like dat for long but one day all of them were left speechless. A call startled Tara at midnight. It was from Akshat, she got worried thinking wht could be da reason for such a late night call.
"Hello Jiju? what happened? Evrything's fine?" she asked in shivering voice.
"Tara, Tara... Mira.. " he spoke form the other end.
"Mira? what happened to her? Jiju tell me, please."
"She is hospitalzed, she had fallen of the terrace. she is in coma, please, please inform evryone and come here. Shanti Hospital, ICU." saying that he disconnected the call. Tara couldnt believe her ears, she rushed towards her parents room and informed them. They all got ready as soon as they could and drove towards the hospital, which was on an hours drive away from their home.

Reaching their they found Mira's mother in law  was crying, her husband was consoling her and Akshat was standing blankly.
"What happened to her?" Tara went straight to Aksht and asked.
"Nothing, we were both on the terrace, and suddenly she slipped ." he said without looking at her. Tara knew from his gestures that he was lying but she could not say more. er mother, father both were sitting next to Mira's in laws and Jai came towards her, she wanted to tell Jai about what all Mira was facing but she was interrupted by doctor's sudden arrival.
"she is fine now, few multiple fractures although but completely out of danger." he announced.
"Can v meet her?" Tara enquired.
"No not now, she is in deep sleep. Meet her early morning , she will wake up by then" he said and left.

they all kept waiting for Mira to wake up.. At 7 am in th morning, urse came to them and permitted them to meet her. All of them rushed inside. Seeing Mira like this, tears rolled down Tara's eyes, her mother and father too were in tears, evryone kept asking her how she was, Tara noticed, Mira wasnt looking at Akshat.
"how all this happen?" Tara asked to Mira,
"Nothing Tara just sliped accidently, i am fine now, dont worry." Mira said but Tara knew she wasnt speaking te truth, she did not know what happened exactly but her hatred for kshat increased to its peak.
'why cant ma papa see she isnt happy? why cnt they see there is no love between di and Akshat? cant they se dere daughter's pain?' she thot to herself, seeing her mother father casually talking to Akshat and his family as if nothing happened.

After about 5-6 days doctors advised to take Mira home as she didnt need medicl attention but a homely environment. Mira told her parents she wants to go with them and not wid Akshat, they talked to akshat and his parents and they agreed.
"Ok, i will come on weekend to meet her, we will take her back once she feels fine." Akshat said heeing his hand on her forehead. Mira didnt reacted to him.
she was happy to be at her home,Tara use to take care for her a lot. Her mother use to make Mira her favorite meals , evryone was tryingto cheer her up but nobody tried to ask her what happened exactly that day. Tara use to ask many times but Mira avoided to answer it. Akshat use to visit them on weekends and they all use to welcome him with lot of warmness but Mira use to be just so formal with him. One weekend when Akshat came, they all were having dinner, suddenly he said,
"Papa i was thinking i should take Mira back to home now, she is fine now a bit and there mumma will take care for her. She is worried about her."
"No papa, i dont wanna go" Mira spoke suddenly without letting his father answer. Evryone started to look at her in surprise, "I mean, may be next week" she said looking away from evryone's glares.
Evryone nodded and things went back to normal. After Akshat was gone after weekend, Tara went to Mira , "Di u dont wanna go back na? Tell me why?" she asked.
"Nothing, i will go, i get bore there, there is no one of my age dere." She said piling up the clothes on the rack.
"Di, my swear, tell me whats wrong?" she kept her hand on her head.
Mira froze for sometime then tears appeared in her eyes after sometime when she composed she told her what happened that night. "After dinner Akshat went on terrace for a walk. When he didnt came back for a long time, i went too upstairs, and i found him talking to sum1 on call, he was saying 'i luv u baby, i too miss u' my steps froze, i did not wanted to believe it, he disconnected the call and came to me and started 'u r thinkig wrong Mira, its nthng lyk dat' but i was beyond anger, i told him that i am gonna tell his mom evrything and leave him and go back to my home and he tried to stop me, while doing so he pushed me and i fell off."
"What?? di why dont you tell mum dad about it? Why are u letting him hurt u damn...!! He is such a jerk..! u dont need to live wid him yaar ! He have a dual personality, one for others n one for u and more than that he now bloody flrts wid usm1 else..? shit man..!" She shouted in anger.
"Calm down , Tara u knw wat? no matter wat kinda persn he is, i will be told to stay with him to compromise my pride and ego..! do u think mumma is not observing what u observed? they all hav an idea but see still Akshat is worshipped here. His parents are very nice, i agree, but he...! i hv no words for him."Mira spoke out.
Tara kept on thinking for a while then she suddenly said, "Dii, get bck to Rahil, i knw he loves u alot, just go back to him, i knw he will accept u back."
"TARA..!! dont evr think of that, I dont desrv Rahil, i have lost on rights on him, i dont hav guts to talk to him  evn. Well leave all this, i will manage, u concentrate on studies." she said looking away. Tara got up and left but her mind kept on whirling around the same thought, she knew, Rahil will handle Mira at his own, she tried her best to somehow communicate to him but could not. A week passed, Akshat came and this time , Mira left with him, although Tara tried to stop her but she couldnt. After she went back, Tara went to her parents abnd told dem evrythung. They seem to broke hearing it all, in fact Mira's fther got angry, "I will talk to Akshat, he cant do dis to our daughter." but Tara's mother interrupted him from calling, "No, lets not do it, it has just been few months, it takes time, they both will adjust with each ther." she said.
"Maa.. how could u? its not been mnths its almst an year and di was so bdly hurt, wat u want ? U will take action when that man would kill her?" she shouted, her mother shouted in anger, "Just go to ur room Tara now!!!"
She left and the topic ended dere too. Tara was wrng and Mira was ryt, nobdy took that incident very seriously and they expected just one thing..! adjust..!!!

Tara use to keep very dissapointed all the time. But whatever her di has faced, she had decided she will either never ever fall in love or she will marry only the guy she love. Many guys use to approach her but she use to deny dem all.  She was scared, that innocent Tara was lost somewhere, she was all of a sudden grown up.