Chapter 20

She smiled, and they both sat together to have the soup. "Yumm" he said aftr the frst sip. Before serving him, she had tasted it n it was fine  she smiled, "Thanks, Well its not just wat ur gonna eeat, i hve prepared smthng else too, i hope it is delicious " saying that she stood andd went to kitchen as  the cooker whistled. She put off the burner and came outside. She sat opposite to him she looked at her watch, it was 7.30 pm. 'i wil leave  by 8.30' she thot. Thn after few minutes of silnce, Karan kept his empty bowl  and said, " u make good food."

"Thank u, but u knw wat, i tried it 4 the first tym, i dnt like cooking very much though." she said meekly.

"And u knw wat? i ate soup for the first time, i dont like it, actually i hated it always." he said and smiled. "What? y u eat it then, u were super excited i thot u like it.." she said lil dissapointed.

"Hahha , i cant b so demanding Tara, whtvr u r doing is still very appreciable, and shall i tell u smthng? i actually liked it, its nt dat  bad." he said and winked.

"And shall i tel  smthng, cooking too isnt dat bad " Tara said and they both laughed. She felt bttr, lite even. But then again, she looked towrds that pic, and her heart pierced. She had already prepared herself for the worse but still, took a deep breathe and asked him collecting all her courage, "Who is dis wid u in that picture" she asked pointing towards the frame.

He looked at the picture and stood up, he went towards it and kept looking at it. He suddenly turned sad but realising, she was waiting for his answer, he turned around, "She is my wife." She couldnt blv it, she was angry and hurt. Controlling herself she asked, "Where is she then?"  He kept his hand on his heart, "Here" She didnt asked anything further, but she chnged quite alot. There was silence between them and it was scary, they both were rstless. She got up, went to kitchen kept all the thngs back to the places, started serving rice , her cell ringed, "Ya di?" she said

"So decided the sweet dish? tell me i will guide u" Mira said. "no di, i dropped the idea, i will b leaving in a while, talk to u later ok bye." Tara said and discnnted. Mira clld again but she discnncted. She drank a glass of water, 'i wont cry, atleast not now' saying that, she took a deep breather and went outside with the plate.

She kept the plate in frnt of him and stood dere. "no need to do so much for me, and sit, wont u eat it?" he asked. "No, u have, i will take ur leave  nw." she said, trying her best to nt b rude.

"ok sit, lets talk abt it, u r the only person whom in last 2 yrs i hv seen a frnd. Nobdy had made me laugh, wid u i feel the old karan is back. let  me tell u evrythng, sit pls." Tara looked at him, there was smthng in his eye, she cudnt deny and sat.

"Me n Riya were crazily in luv wd ech other since childhood, Yeah, v  loved each othr evn bfre v knew wat luv was. She was in my neighbourhood, we use to go to school togther, i was in 3rd and she in 1st. I use to protct her frm evrything always, like my lil baby. And she use to care for me like my mthr, she use to fight wid evrygirl whu tried to tlk to me ever.After her 10th her father shfted to jammu for sm rsn, v were in touch thru letters n calls, evryone in my fmly knew i luv riya. And Riya's family too knew dis, dey nvr opposed us. My prnts and hers were friends. After my 12th results i went straight to jammu to meet her, and v both wre so crzy after seeing each other that v hugged in public and her parents also saw. We both got scoldings initially but later they calmly told us, its nt da rght age for all this n v shud bttr study n all, like evry other typicl prnt. But then my Riya, she was witty and brave, she said to them 'ok fine, v promise we will stay in limits and focus on career n studies but then let uss engage each other officially wid ur blessings'. Her prnts n me too were shocked at what she said, v were so young, she was just 15, but v both were madly in luv. I loved her idea. And our prnts too finally agreed, dnt knw how. V were engaged, me n Riya wer on top of the sky that day. Ppl were talking, but our parents hv faith in us, and we both promised them to never break dat faith.  Finally  v both too decided to make careers as priority, and v both were doing good, our parents were happy, we two were. I dnt knw why ppl say relationships r hard but v never faced a bad day. I cudnt imgn any othr girl thn her and she wud nt se anything else then me.I use to live for my Riya and she lived for me. We use to act like husbnd n wife , taking care and managing responsibilties. @ yrs back, we both were so happy, i got a very nice job after doing MBA, and she too had cleared her graduation n got a job too. Our parents called us one day and tld us, they hav got a flat for us as a gft of nvr breaking our promises and also they told us they hav fixed our wedding and all preparations hav been done. We went crzy hearing this. The thot of living togthr, as each other;'s husbnd and wife, was like a dream cm true.  Then she came wid me, for seeing the flat here, this flat. She even came wid me on my first day at office. We went for shopping for our wedding togthr, matching our dresses and even accessories too. She styaed with me for a week and went back, Our marriage was too be hld after another 10 days, v both were superexcited, planiing evrything, even kids. Then came the luckiest day of my life,our marriage. I felt too lucky dat day, we were toghtr since 12 yrs, My first luv was bcmng my lifetime prtner, we were lucky, v nvr faced heartbreaks, nvr loved any othr prson, v were ech other's best friends, lovers and now husbnd n wife.

Nxt day after our marriage, we went to Jammu, with her parents as they had wished to go to vaishnodevi after our marriage. After returning frm dere, i went back to delhi, as it was a new job n i cudnt tke more leaves, i had alrdy taken a week's leave and they were over. She was to join me in delhi soon, her job was also at delhi. I was eagerlywaiitng for her to return back . Wen she informed me that she was all ready with her luggage to come, and will take a public transportation nxt day, i told her that i will b sending a taxi for her so that she can come comfrtbly, she agreed. My plan was to go in that taxi and surprise her but coz of sm rsn, i cudnt go and i sent the taxi as promised.And thn came the blackest day of my life. On returning back, the taxi met wid a very severe accident and she... my Riya... left this world, on the spot. When i was informed, i cudnt blv it, i rushed leaving evrything back but couldnt find anything, taxi was hit by a truck and fall off a valley edge. I even didnt got a chnce to see her dead body." as he finished he cried badly. Tara too had tears in her eyes.

"My parents forced me to leave dis place and go back to them, but i didnt, this place have her last memories, those 10 days i spnt wd her in this flat, were the best days of my life. I joined the office nxt day itself n emerged myself in work, i use to cry all nyt but then one day she came to my dream and scolded me for bhvng like dis. Since thn, she daily cms in my dreams and tlk to me, i feel bttr, i feel her presnc, she is alive here, in my heart. nobody may believe but it doesnt affect me at all, its between her n me and our love." he said sobbing. Tar stood and went to him, and patted his back lovingly. He looked at her and lied down, keeping his head in her laps. H cried for long, she cried too, she felt more love and respct for him.  

After a while when  they both composed, he stood and sat back, She looked at him, he was loking calmer. "U are getting very late,all coz of me, m sorry." he said. She ooked at her watch, 'My God its 10?" she said loudly in shock, "My PG wud b close by now." she took out her cell and found many misclls frm Mira and Geetu. Her cell was on silent, she called Geetu and Geetu said that gates r close, she could stay wid a frnd of hers or smthng. She felt awkwrd, she was abt to cll swati wen Karan said, "Stay here, please"  She thot but her trust in him was remarkable, "ok" she said and called Mira. She told her that she hv reached back and apologised 4 nt pickng her cell and discnntcd saying she was tired. Till she returned back, she saw, Karan was standing with coffee mugs in his hands, "Come" he said, and she went and sat next to him. Both of them keep talking for a very long tym, she was dicvrng a new Karan and Karan was happy getting a frnd in his lonely life.